Posted: Dec 29th 2010 10:13AM Valius said

Pretty impressive stand they have taken, I know for a fact that I stopped playing when they removed the Wildy was removed :(

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 10:14AM Valius said

@Valius removed removed?, wow I'm horrible :(

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 11:08AM MewmewGirl said

They have so many different servers with so many rules, it's too bad they couldn't have wilderness on some and not on others.

And unfortunately there are millions of clueless fools who play and yet either have no idea about this vote, or just think it won't pass and don't bother. If they bring it back watch the outpouring of people who don't want it there as they come to whine and moan about it. I wish they'd just vote now but nooooo...

Anyway I hate the wilderness. There are PvP servers, so why force PvP here too? Play on those if you want it. Those servers are the most underplayed on the list despite there only being a few of them, showing that people *don't* really want PvP as much as their little vote makes it seem. Or maybe it's the way they do PvP on them but the fact is there are multiple types of PvP worlds there now.

Make the free trade vote separate from the Wilderness vote too.

If they don't have full PvE only worlds still after this is done, I personally am gone from RS until they do again. And I'm a paying player, not a leech.

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 11:55AM Beau Hindman said

@MewmewGirl I voted no. Paying player here. I saw them comment that even a million votes one way "might not" be enough. Still, it's neat that they are taking these steps.

From what I understand, they have newer security procedures that will help them combat some of the cheating, but there's more to the issue. I didn't play but once or twice back then, before it was removed. I can't recall it being much of an issue. Still, I can't stand PvP.

Beau

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 12:09PM Brendan Drain said

@MewmewGirl I think the main reason they're making the two votes in one is that the changes to PvP were introduced to stop people getting around the free-trade restrictions.

I was personally very disappointed when the wilderness PvP was removed. Going into the wilderness was completely optional, and I recall some really awesome times in there. If the change goes through, I'm very much looking forward to doing survival runs into the wilderness again. We'd get a group of players and we'd each individually go into the wilderness with basic supplies like a bronze hatchet, bronze pick and tinderbox. The goal was to make the best gear you could or amass the highest total wealth before you inevitably got killed. When they replaced the PvP with those revenant monsters, the idea really lost its appeal.

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 3:55PM Beau Hindman said

@Brendan Drain Since I didn't play much before the PvP removal, was it much of an issue? You say "optional" -- so was the area the same Wilderness that was marked on the map now?

I remember so many people telling me how bad it was, then how many people told me how much better it was after.

Can you flesh out how the PvP would effect a non-PvPer?

Beau

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 4:36PM Djinn said

"The further a player got into the wilderness, the higher the level difference could be between him and another player for PvP to still be possible." PvPers claim that they like PvP because its a challenge, yet they vote for an option where they can gank characters lower than their character by a larger margin. Where is the challenge in that?

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 5:45PM Brendan Drain said

@Djinn If you're level 40 and in level 10 wilderness, sure you can attack someone who's as low as level 30. But you're also vulnerable to people up to level 50. It turns into a game of cat and mouse, where you're hunting targets of opportunity and trying to escape from other players doing the same to you.

Posted: Jan 3rd 2011 4:10AM Aunna said

Wow. I actually quit Runescape back when they removed the wild and free trade. Might give it a second look. Seemed dumb to kill such popular aspects of the game as part of a crusade that didn't seem to be that bad of a problem. Every game has issues with RMT.

The PvP was never very fantastic, I actually was running a lvl 3 with most all of my non combat stats at 99 as my only character, but I still just didn't like the direction the game was going with that.