Posted: Dec 28th 2010 6:52PM Arcade said

Excellent! I will be purchasing a boxed copy of the CE as soon as available. Really enjoying myself in the beta.

For a video showing PvP duels recorded in HD from beta #1 & 2 check here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR6j_uEr5pk&feature=player_embedded

For exclusive screenshots & more check out:

Posted: Dec 28th 2010 7:17PM Doba said

How much will it cost?

Posted: Dec 28th 2010 7:41PM Kaemin said

Jesus they are cramming that thing full of stuff.

Posted: Dec 28th 2010 8:06PM Brockobama321 said

Release date when?

Posted: Dec 28th 2010 8:06PM SwobyJ said

Mouse PAD, not mouse.

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 12:20AM werewood said

well on Steam its still not showing anything. But on Gamestop it has a RELEASE DATE: 3/1/11 and price ...
Standard: 49.99
CE: 79.99

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 12:29AM Graill440 said

• Half a heart
Save your money for something else right now.

As it stands there are huge rebalancing issues with healers (most of the classes actually) and pvp, which is a joke right now. some aspects of pvp are great, like when you meet a non healer class alone, then the fights are fun. Right now folks are getting griefed at lifestones on both sides, killed over and over when they respawn with the GM's simply stating "call for help". (grin) Its sad to watch.

Interesting this kind of thing wasnt taken care of before the pvp went live. Not anything i would pay a monthly fee for right now let alone any deluxe anything related to this title. I does look pretty though *chuckle*

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 3:59AM Dril said

@Graill440

Right, because this is a hardcore PvP-focussed title that needs PvP balance in order to be successful; after all, everyone knows WoW got its sub numbers purely because its PvP was, and still is to this day, balanced and meaningful.

Oh wait. If you want PvP, go play Darkfall or an FPS. Otherwise: sod off my sandbox PvE experience.

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 4:01AM Dril said

@Dril
I meant themepark. Early morning crap-typing syndrome.

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 9:38AM real65rcncom said

@Graill440
"Save your money for something else right now. "

Not the greatest advice or most astute obversation typed on a forum.

Simply because, it won't be released until 3 MORE MONTHS so.. big "DUH" here about saving money for something else right now.

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 11:48AM Titan1 said

@Graill440

it's in beta

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 12:31AM delphinius81 said

Judging by how smoothly this game plays in the early levels, I'd say this will be released early Spring (late March, early April timeframe, if not sooner). This CE is crazy nice though. Plus I need a new mousepad and USB stick.

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 3:01AM Dumac said

This sounds bad. Well the CE actually sounds good but, but i don't think this game should be in the position to offer one.

Also massively, part of the boxed CE is not a gaming mouse, but a gaming mouse PAD.

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 3:40AM EspadaPantera said

I've noticed how lots of people either hate it or love it but to tell the truth no one LIKES it. So I'm guessing that its one of those games where either you hate everything from the game play to the unique features or you love all of it and can't wait. I for one am part of the loving side.

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 9:31AM delphinius81 said

@EspadaPantera

For the most part, the game doesn't seem to be all that different from any other MMO you have already played. It's the same quest-leveling mechanism, tank-dps-heals class archetypes, one-click crafting experience people have been playing for the last 6 years. All in all, that's a good thing (well, the crafting is meh... I'd like something more interesting). These are the elements of a MMO that make for a solid game foundation.

As for the new elements, Rifts amount to the public quests in WAR, except if you don't stop a rift, there are consequences. Invasions are pretty cool, but a bit unbalanced right now (a dozen elites attacking a newbie hub just seems wrong...). I can see both getting boring after a while. Rifts just require you to kill lots of enemies. They could use some varied objectives to make them more interesting - something that WARs public quest system did really well.

The soul system adds a unique twist to character classes, letting you build that OP dps/healing hybrid class you always wanted. Or maybe you want to be a necromancer that can tank? Or a swordsman wizard? The soul system is where this game is unique. It's a cross between the FF job system and spec trees. Lots of customization to make. Unfortunately, there doesn't feel like there is much class differentiation at the early levels.

From the 1-11 experience I've had, Rift is exactly the MMO you would expect to get if you synthesized the good ideas from the current major MMOs. If you enjoy any of these current MMOs, you will enjoy Rift. If you can't stand the current MMOs, you will not enjoy it.

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 9:38AM redsolar said

I can't quite bite the bait, yet. I need to see what levels 20+ are like in the beta. Hopefully I'll be able to.

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 9:42AM real65rcncom said

Same, I didn't get in the beta so I'm about as jazzed for this news as I am about the Chilean miners. Just doesn't really affect me right now but yay for someone else.

When they open the beta more and allow me to see it, then I'll consider goo-goo gaa gaa over fluff. Been through this too many times just in 2010 alone.

Until then, where's my invite Trion?

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 9:47AM EspadaPantera said

@delphinius81

Thanks for the extra info. Also were you in the Beta? and if you were then could you please tell me the unannounced classes for warrior and Rogue?

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 1:35PM delphinius81 said

@EspadaPantera

I'm in Beta 3 now. I was not in Beta 1 and 2. I've only checked out a Defiant Cleric (Druid/Justicar/Shaman, with most of my points going to Druid/Justicar). I'm mowing down things 3 levels above without losing health (I have a pet that heals me automatically). I feel pretty OP - not sure I should be doing as much damage given my current survivability. I'm going to play with him more tonight. I'll roll a Guardian true DPS class for Thurs/Fri.

Why I Play: ArcheAge