Posted: Dec 27th 2010 3:56PM Syesta said

Ah yes. 2011 is the Year of the Rabbit isn't it.
Nice.

Posted: Dec 27th 2010 4:04PM Morbius said

So every event is going to be for crafters? This is one of the big issues with this game. Way too much focus on crafting. Where are the event quests? WHERE IS THE ADVENTURE? This is FF ( or so I thought ), where is the story? Show us the beef. These events should help keep people playing while we wait for the fixes and "real" content. But all it is is crafting stuff. *sigh*

Posted: Dec 27th 2010 5:39PM tchuks said

@Morbius

Someone remind this guy the game has been out for 3 months? After spending 99% of that time ironing out the bugs and the balance of the game... I'm glad SE has room to put anything in the game that is content based. Oh and the game has been free since launch. There is no point in them releasing Rank50 only content when there is very little of the population anywhere near that. Also, the NMs lanuched aren't only for crafters.

Posted: Dec 27th 2010 5:49PM Morbius said

@tchuks

Ha, I've been here since beta. I know what the story is. But keep defending it, I'm sure that helps. Btw, I'm not 50, not even close. Thanks for assuming. NEXT!

Posted: Dec 27th 2010 8:09PM Celeras said

@Morbius

Do the quest, to get the item, required to craft to the final product. Seems like perfect balance to me!

Posted: Dec 28th 2010 8:41AM Elranzer said

The way I've figured it... Eorzea is basically the first Final Fantasy world NOT threatened by any kind of ancient evil, villain or political madman. So basically, all the citizens just sit around and craft.

Posted: Dec 27th 2010 4:13PM Audacious said

Is it possible to make "fun" items like this with stats that are comparable to the items you'd ordnarily take out to level or raid or whatever with in this game?

Posted: Dec 27th 2010 4:44PM Khalus said

An extremely heavy focus on Synthesis is one of the best features of XIV. As was with FFXI.

I really tire of every other MMO's only means to get the best equipment are through raids & PvP only, not everyone likes to raid and PvP.

What about we plethora of 'small-group' PvE gamers and crafters who want an alternate means!? Seriously damn near every MMO out there claims they are PvE, yet there are never PvE options for the best stuff. And all classes are balanced based on PvP stats...never PvE...le sigh

Posted: Dec 27th 2010 8:26PM xuiton said

@Khalus The funny thing is, the game is designed at the casual market, except the game has an extremely low amount of players.

Posted: Dec 28th 2010 8:43AM Elranzer said

"Casual players" who happen to own the $300+ video card required to play the game.

Posted: Dec 27th 2010 5:26PM archipelagos said

Love that illustration. Samurai bunnies!

Posted: Dec 27th 2010 5:57PM Irem said

Now I know I'm a sucker, because for one brief, horrifying instant I entertained the idea of buying the game (which doesn't run for crap on my computer) -just- to get a rabbit helm.

Clearly I need something substantial to occupy myself with.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 10:29AM Spookimitsu said

Sigh.... such a wait for us PS3 owners....