Posted: Dec 28th 2010 5:43PM evanset6 said

@Lepton1000 You do have the option of accepting the stats on an item but not the appearance... you knew that, right? If you like the way your gear looks, you can just keep the stats on an item then go to the 2nd tab over (the style tab) and select which look you want for that item... you don't have to wear demon boots all game long, lol.

Posted: Dec 28th 2010 2:35PM Valdamar said

Yeah ranged attacks really are worthless, even with Bow as your martial skill, which just seems totally wrong. I started with a Bow character in DCUO, as my favourite character in CoH uses a bow and is entirely ranged-only, but in DCUO bow users will spend more time hitting enemies with their bow in melee than shooting at them, if they want to succeed. It felt so wrong I just changed to Martial Arts - I was hoping to be able to use Escrima Sticks like Nightwing as my Martial Arts weapons, but so far it has all been clawed gloves or katar style fist blades that look far too large for my character.

My character also looks nothing like I wanted - I started off as a caped hero, but now I'm wearing some weird nozzled pack on my back that looks like it was made out of cardboard loo rolls, just because it has much better stats than my starting cape - it looks ridiculous. I also started off with a Batman-style cowled mask, but now I have some silly Robocop-style helmet on, again because it dropped and had better stats.

About the only thing I still have from character creation is the same face (because it's the same face that all male characters have) and the colours I picked - red, black and white - but instead of mostly being black with red and white trim, my costume is now mostly red & white with bits of black here and there, because the looted items I wear have their colour channels assigned in different ways to my starting items.

Levelling up is also nothing to get too excited about - I get either 1 skill point or 1 power point - mostly skill points so far - with which, in the case of skill points, I can either buy a new combo that I probably won't be able to perform when I need it, or a passive boost that adds 3 or 5 to a stat that isn't explained anywhere so I have no idea if it's worth putting points into.

Today I did a L5 quest in an instanced area while I was L7 and was just getting totally destroyed all the time - I basically had to make sure I killed an enemy before the overwhelming numbers killed me, then come back and do the same until they were all dead. That's despite the fact I was doing L7 quests with no problems whatsoever when I was L5, so I think game balance is screwed up too. Though the fact I can't seem to get combos off when I really need them to work doesn't help matters.

Posted: Dec 28th 2010 9:27PM Protoavis said

@Valdamar

because your gear appearances are unlocked on the equip screen there's a tab that says "Style" click on that and you can change the appearance without changing what gear you have equipped, can also change the colour on items individually.

You can also see what the different stats do on the stats tab (next to the style tab).

Posted: Dec 28th 2010 2:16AM stamps79 said

I will buy it for both PC and PS3.

I've been in the beta for PS3 for a couple weeks now and I have to say I've been pretty impressed how it plays and how it is as a game. Voiced dialog is a huge plus and so glad MMO's are really putting the time into this, it really does help suck you into the story.

SONY has dong a great job at making a very solid Superhero Action MMO, this makes this DC Fan a very happy person.

Posted: Dec 28th 2010 5:28AM Rayne26 said

I have both ps3 and xtreme rig but i prefere my rig.
For the most of the games they just play better

Posted: Dec 28th 2010 9:38PM Protoavis said

At this point neither

I was pretty sold on the game from video's and such but after playing it on beta I'm less than impressed with it.

Posted: Dec 29th 2010 11:36PM lukifier said

i put news there for those who need the gamersloot page and besides they sell pre order and cd key so dont hesitate to get urs for the PC !
see u online bro