Posted: Dec 25th 2010 12:30PM Fisk said

You said it... this was my direct concern when trying the game for the first time ( and that i didn't have a computer that could handle it ) I'm currently giving it another shot and i hope for a great time and future :)

The thing that really is FFXIV strength is the fact that you only "need" one character, it make ones character feel more special and that makes the gaming experience whilst playing more special.

Thus i really hope they create a new character creator, the one they currently have.. well it sucks, there is not alot of options that makes it possible to make unique characters and i really miss that...

Posted: Dec 25th 2010 12:33PM Fisk said

@Fisk more hair/beard options is the biggest thing i miss...

Posted: Dec 26th 2010 2:45AM Zorak said

I've probably only been in game for a couple hours in the past 2 weeks... for the exact reason that Eliot lays out. I've done all the leves in my lvl range, and I just have no interest in doing them for the 1000th time. I should be interested in getting to some new areas or expanding my class abilities, but right now I don't see much new or different on the horizon. I feel like I already "beat" the game, and now I'm just running back through hoping to stumble on something I missed the first time.

I know SE has allocated more resources to the XIV team and I hope it works, but right now they've got essentially an entire game to create. XIV is a skeleton, not a bad skeleton but they have soooo much work to do.

Posted: Dec 26th 2010 8:28AM Nenene said

They still need to revamp that dreadful UI.

It is simply horrible.

Posted: Dec 26th 2010 12:27PM Celeras said

@Nenene

The UI has been fine since the November patch, and drag/drop is coming in a few weeks. There's nothing left to complain about in that department, trolls will have to find something else.

Posted: Dec 27th 2010 1:17PM Exz1stence said

I know I will get flamed for this because its a message forum, but I can't hold this in any longer. I don't think Elliot should be the person in charge of this column I mean he doesn't have a max character in FFXI. Speaking of FFXI am I the only person who thinks he hates that game? This is the only column on Massively where the writer clearly doesn't know what he or she is talking about on any given basis about anything. Not to mention the only column where the writer clearly doesn't show any kind of energy or passion for the subject they are writing about. His love of FFXIV is not in question however he should never have been put in charge of the column. A contributing writer at best. Sorry Elliot. After that interview I couldn't hold it in any more. Alright I'm done and fans please feel free to go crazy and tell me how wrong I am. I should tell you that I won't be back to read the followups though lol. Thank you for your time everyone.

Posted: Dec 27th 2010 6:50PM ImperialPanda said

Just want to point out:

Just because something is repeatable doesn't necessarily mean it has to be boring as fk. Examples include starcraft (or any RTS), chess, football; and in ffxi: bcnm/ksnm, dynamis, limbus, sky, sea, assault, nyzul isle investigation, salvage, einherjer, are all more complex and more fun than levequests and faction quests. Levequests are kind of like bcnms( I know they're SE's 14 take on wotg confrontations) but 11 mobs and encounters, so far, involve a lot more strategy.

Don't think that just because something is there, it must be. Levequests are boring and they suck. Stop defending it.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014