Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 8:10PM distiler said

EvE Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest, Fallen Earth, Vanguard, etc. have also huge discounts and are below 10€. Steam is gonna be responsible for an increase on retail unemployment, no kidding!

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 9:03PM sfwtboy said

When I look at steam it still says Aion is 26$ am I missing something? Because 10$ sounds like a steal!

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 9:14PM chum said

@sfwtboy

Yeah, I picked it up yesterday for $10, couldn't resist at that price, but I think that was only a daily deal. It's back to the 33% off now.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 9:23PM sfwtboy said

@chum Damn! I was on the steam store looking at MMOs yesterday too! O well my bad for not noticing I guess lol

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 9:17PM Baromega said

Err.. sorry but these are daily deals, and I believe FFXI and Aion's days have already passed.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 10:08PM sfwtboy said

@Baromega Nope FFXI is still 4.99% Aion is the only one

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 10:41PM Danieros said

The 75% special on Aion was a one-day deal.
It's now on the 33% discount which is going for all NCSoft games.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2010 1:20AM Tristik said

They've been posting some pretty sweet daily deals. New discounts (each day only) up till christmas I think.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2010 2:51AM alzeer said

any info if i can buy the whole ffxi package to use 2 expansion codes on my main account?

Posted: Dec 23rd 2010 5:01AM pcgneurotic said

I picked up the Epic Bundle for 15 Euros and L4D2 for 7; some of the prices there are shocking. I'd like to grab AoC too if I see it there.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2010 8:49PM Valdamar said

Steam sales are just nuts - I don't really need any new games - I still have at least half a dozen games I bought in Steam's summer sale that I haven't got around to playing yet, lol - but as my mate says "bargains are bargains!"

I paid £13 yesterday for 13 games - that included Bioshock for £3. Even if most of the games are rubbish it's still worth the money as I've tried at least 3 of the other games as level-limited demos on Steam in the past and enjoyed them.

Then I bought Wings of Prey for £4 today, just because I've watched a few WW2 aircraft documentaries on the History Channel lately and feel like shooting down some Messerschmidts occasionally ;)

Today they've got Mass Effect 2 and Blur up for £10 each, DarkSiders for £5, and Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition for £15 which was only released two months ago at full price (when I bought it /sigh - admittedly I only paid £20 at the time as I got a discount on Steam for owning the previous version).

It's a bargain bonanza! Steam may be more expensive than Amazon usually, but when they have their sales it's crazy good value.

WoW Archivist: A Glyphmas story