Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 1:47PM LordHades said

I have to say that this event was great, and the game is very polished. If the 20+ game is as good as the 1-20 game, then Trion has a hit on their hands.

Hades
Lords of the Dead (LotD)
www.lotd.org

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 2:17PM MMOaddict said

If the 20+ game is the same as the 1-20 game, which I don't see it being different at this point, then the game is NOT going to be as big a hit as everyone thought. Boring is the word that comes to mind over and over when I think about my time playing Rift.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 2:48PM werewood said

@MMOaddict
Yah for my own personal reasons, I knew I am playing a polished good game. But I was bored of the theme-park around me.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 2:50PM paterah said

@MMOaddict Exactly this, the game is simply boring for all of 20 first lvls, 100% linear and you have to do all of the boring and uninspired quests and still grind for about 10% of each lvl after 15. Alt replayability is out of the question especially since they have each race start at the same place.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2010 12:35AM Sharuk said

@paterah Burning Crusade, WotLK and even Cataclysm are linear and did well. Also, I had too many quests in Rift, if you actually grinded you did something wrong.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2010 10:37AM MMOaddict said

@Sharuk

I'm sorry, but WoW may be linear but it sure as hell gives you a ton of options. Rift has ONE option per faction. You have to quest in the zones you are given. This is not a good thing in MMOs. This is where Aion screwed up as well. Games like Lotro, EQ2 and WoW at least give you multiple starting areas as well as multiple VIABLE ways to level. They are also FUN. Rift is not.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 2:45PM werewood said

Ohh I didn't realize the NDA is off - lol.
Just left a reply on the other Rift thread which was vague.

Here goes:
Played both beta events to level 16 and 14 respectively.

Graphics: good
Soul class system: very good
Quests: ok
Innovation: not much beyond the dynamic content of the RIFT. But its nice indeed.

What is RIFT: a huge THEME-PARK. as expected.

Rift vs. WoW - I would say that many would go with RIFT due to freshness and some new concepts. WoW's content seem superior though with new exp pack.

I personally realized during the beta - that even with this nice game - I lost all interest in theme-parks :( I am exploring now my interest in more action like games and maybe a fantasy sand box. Will see.

Good job Trion ... though I am probably not your target audience any more.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 7:47PM Gaugamela said

This game seems awesome. I like theme-parks and Rifts seem so much better than what I was expecting them to be.
Now if only there was a Beta event that took place in a time period when I can actually play the game...

Posted: Dec 23rd 2010 12:31AM Sharuk said

I loved my 1-18 experience. Rift came out of nowhere for me, I played Beta 2 and now am a staunch Rift fan. I love how responsive Hartsman and his team has been. Even if the game sucks (which it doesn't) I will buy the game to support such a great dev team.

Can't wait for the next beta so that I can play the defiant side.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2010 9:38AM The Protagonist said

Good to hear that you can see waht Rifts are happening on a map and make a decision whether to respond based on your level, rather than hoping to be in the righ tplace at the right time.

A lot of my questions have been answred now except one. Im just waiting for info on threat and whether it is balanced. I like to play a healer and can see myself jumping in the middle of a rift healing all around me but dont want to attract so much threat as to render me useless! Likewise damage dealers.

Posted: Dec 27th 2010 6:34PM Boulderbolg said

The game does appear to be very polished, and very pretty. However, as a PvP player I don't think it will have contain enough PvP content for me. DAoC, Warhammer, and even Aion have more PvP content than this game does.

Might try it for a month or two, but I doubt it will hold my interest for long.