Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 3:45PM Space Cobra said

Did they finally fix this area? It was so buggy pre-patch I could never really finish it! :P

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 4:08PM Lateris said

Does the game develop the feeling of becoming a super hero or does it mainly revolve around combat.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 4:16PM Space Cobra said

@Lateris

There are some nice story arcs, but it is mainly combat-based, since it is labelled an "Action MMO". You do develop your powers and look of character, via RPG-stat-levelling up and loot drops, but it's mostly combat. Although, the combat, IMO, is fun. Your own long-term mileage may vary, until the next few future expansions get released.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 7:46PM SFGamer69 said

Well i hope the PC version is a lot more stable and playable than the ps3 version.. constant freezing, crashes, etc.. I know it's beta, but as a person who works in games, and knows full well the cycle these things go though, that release date of 01/11 seems a bad sign. And considering you don't get a peep from anyone on the PS3 forums, I went and cancelled all 3 of my pre orders, just can't see this being even remotely ready. Funny how this was supposed to be released near two months ago... what were they thinking.
great ideas, but SOE... wrong partner for this license... we'll see if this is another SWG all over again.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 7:51PM Scott Ossington said

I enjoyed it at first, but its not really a super hero game. They dont give you the powers that you would think that you would need to be super/villiany. I forsee this game to not last long. Not with the limited power sets.

Posted: Dec 22nd 2010 11:01PM Tizmah said

Does anyone else get tired of seeing comments about MMO's being not ready for launch from people playing the beta of an MMO? I know it's true for a lot, but man, I'm tired of seeing litter every post about an upcoming MMO. It's becoming to common. Grass is green, And MMOs always release to early.

Posted: Dec 23rd 2010 11:57AM SFGamer69 said

@Tizmah
People in the Beta have insight into the game that those not in it dont have obviously. We're not talking about a game thats is still 6+ months away from release, then I would agree that the "not ready" comments were premature. No, this is a game that was supposed to release a month ago, and in the state it's currently in (for PS3 that is) I can't imagine how it was ever even close to ready at that time, and can't imagine it being any more ready in the next 3 weeks for launch. I work in game development, as I mentioned, so I don't make off the cuff remarks, I just call it how I see it.