Posted: Dec 21st 2010 10:53AM Ocho said

I'm still shocked you had no problem at all working with Blizz's customer service. I feel like I'm the only one who had a very negative experience with them (and I used to work as a CSR working incoming phone calls, so I know the drill and was very polite and considerate where it seems THEY were not). Well... It's not a perfect world so not every system is perfect and not every customer is going to get equal treatment. So it goes. I seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

Posted: Dec 21st 2010 11:18AM Kaahn Stewart said

@Ocho

I've had a couple of experiences with the WoW GM team that were less than pleasant, but 90% of my interactions with them were very nice, very professional, and very quick. You may have caught a GM on an off day or something, but it shouldn't deter you from reaching out to them when you need it. They're usually fairly nice people---who use a LOT of smilies.

Posted: Dec 21st 2010 5:51PM Gemi said

@Ocho I personally picked up WoW for real for the first time a few weeks ago at the start of the 5+5+10 sale for the game and two first expansions. I started playing with my gf and we both used the same card to purchase the games. There was some sort of a hassle with the system not recognizing our accounts as full paid accounts and my gf's account was still marked as "trial" after a few days, preventing her from using the mail or trading with anyone. After writing a ticket the first response almost made me cancel both subs at once as it first of all offered no solution saying "sorry there is nothing we can do" and secondly sounded really rude. Eventually we did a second follow up ticket with an added note asking for better service which then got escalated to a senior representative (assuming from the really well done reply) which then cleared all issues we had and made us stay in the game.

So yeah, Blizzard does have it's problems with the customer service side, but if you are ready to take some time you'll eventually get there and get your issue solved.

Posted: Dec 21st 2010 12:37PM (Unverified) said

Fallen Earth has the be the most helpful community I've encountered. Vanguard is too but like you said, it's really dying out.

Such a shame really. I've Global Agenda since beta and it's community is pretty stupid at times, well mostly all the time, than most games.

Posted: Dec 21st 2010 5:41PM OghmaEh said

There's no doubt that once you get a Blizzard Rep they straighten out the mess, but I still think Wow should lose points due to sheer length of the wait.

I messed up my undead hunter's quest today and got out of phase with the quest line. I've put in a ticket, and I'll be lucky if I can pick him up again tomorrow.

Posted: Dec 21st 2010 6:09PM urgan said

LOL! Seriously? SOE customer service the best? What planet are you from, or alternately give me some of what you're on. Its been my personal experience that their CS is not the best. As in its been my experience that its bad enough I don't want to buy any SOE games. That may depend entirely on the game though.

Posted: Dec 21st 2010 8:11PM pixelmonkey said

Whoever thought SOE had the best customer service - you must of misdialed and got Joe's Pizza Hut... did a pizza arrive 30 minutes later?

EVE Evolved: EVE Online vs. Elite: Dangerous