Posted: Dec 17th 2010 11:12AM Nandini said

****SPOILER****

There IS a substantial reward for giving your coins away! (If feeling good isn't enough for you.)

Complete this quest 10 times (which will take 10 days), and players will complete a hidden deed that rewards them back 50 of those 100 coins, along with the title "the Openhanded".

It's basically like trading 50 coins (the equivalent of 12.5 Yule Festival Tokens) for a spiffy title, while doing something good along the way.

Your efforts to help the poor will not go unnoticed in the end!

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 11:19AM Nandini said

"Should I give my hard-earned tokens to the poor for no substantial reward other than feeling good?"

Yes, absolutely!

*** SPOILER ***

Do this quest 10 times (which will take 10 days), and players will receive 50 of their 100 coins back, as well as a spiffy new title ("the Openhanded") as a reward for their generosity.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 11:28AM Nandini said

@Nandini My apologies for posting virtually the same comment 4 times. It took about 10 minutes to finally show up. I've reported the extras for deletion.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 11:43AM Ocho said

@Nandini

Great to know. I've been helping the poor all along so far (to be honest, also to forward the quest number completions) and figured the 10 isn't that bad of a loss, especially since I only need a few more to get all the items I like. But great to know that it will eventually be rewarded, too. :)

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 12:40PM Sean D said

@Nandini

Any idea if doing both the quest to give money to the poor and to evict them is counterproductive? Is it advisable to skip the eviction quest, for example, if you are going for The Openhanded title?

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 12:40PM Soviet Shaman said

Just finished my 30 quests last night to unlock two hidden quests. You can only do one of the two. One quest will give you rich clothes and the title miser or you can get poor clothes and get a different title.

I wanted my top hat, BAH HUM BUG!

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 2:26PM Turbana said

@Soviet Shaman I too want both the dyable top hat and the shabby clothes. A snazzy shabby outfit. Er, well, anyway. What you can do is complete the festival on two characters. One sides with the rich, one sides with the poor (to become the mighty middle class). Then use the wardrobe to share the cosmetics between all your characters.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 1:47PM JoeH42 said

Please sir, can I have some more?

What would be hilarious would be if you decide to be a miser once in ever few minutes you're haunted by ghosts of Yuletide past that make you spontaneously run away in fear or something. I think that would be fun. If they wanted to have a similar funny debuff for the characters who side with the poor they could have them burst into tears every few minutes or shiver with cold or something

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 2:16PM Daedalus1969 said

I just became a subscriber to LOTRO again after playing FTP for about a year. I just keep coming back to this game. The effort that the folks at Turbine keep putting into this game makes it worth every dime (besides, how can you pass up 3 months for 29.98?). The Yule festival is a blast to participate in and is a great break from raids, skirmishes and questing. If you see my hunter, Veralana, say hi. And watch out for the flying snowballs!

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 2:57PM cowboyhugbees said

They nailed the Theater. I've ran it 20 times or so already, and it never gets old.

Massively's MMO guide to the 2014 winter holidays