Posted: Dec 17th 2010 10:54AM CCon99 said

2010 was indeed a terrible year for MMO's. Unless you count Cataclysm in, the entire year was just a giant failure. =(

STO - Failure
FF14 - Failure
APB - Failure

2011 looks promising, but I agree with Casey that SWTOR will likely end up delayed.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 11:00AM MMOaddict said

I really hate the so called "humor" on G4TV. Wish I could shut the talking heads up when they say anything other than actual game news. Which is about 95% of what they verbally spew.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 11:53AM Liltawen said

@MMOaddict
Yeah, but at least they didn't do Mailbag this time.
Star Wars is the second half of the year now? Will they ever stop spending money on this thing?

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 11:02AM MMOaddict said

On that note, how the hell did he not mention GW2 or Rift for 2011 games? O.O

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 11:09AM Grendel said

• 1 heart
But all the MMOs for 2011 I was looking forward to at the beginning and middle of 2010 look like they're going to be disappointments too.

TERA = Aion.
RIFT = WoW with a bit more dynamic stuff.
SWTOR = Not what we hoped for.

I really miss housing, fluff, crafting and all those things that keep you in a game without being bored to death. For roleplayers it was a hard year and the next year won't be better.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 11:10AM Grendel said

• 1 heart

TERA = Aion.
RIFT = WoW with a bit more dynamic stuff.
SWTOR = Not what we hoped for.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 11:11AM Grendel said

• 1 heart

TERA = Aion.
RIFT = WoW with a bit more dynamic stuff.
SWTOR = Not what we hoped for.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 11:21AM slash beast said

Casey is the MAN.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 11:32AM Higurashi said

Iris Online is a great game that was released in 2010.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 12:10PM (Unverified) said

Alright, usually I like Casey. We need more of his irreverance in what is a world filled with humourless fanbois and children.

...moving on... Star Trek online is terrible. I don't care how good the end game seasons are. It was all I could do to get to level 6. Every mission was the same. I could go cook pancakes and let my away team do all the work on some away missions. There was little of no story line in which I could feel invested during my progression (I don't think this is a matter of personal taste... lots of games have this problem and leave me sitting at level 6. Worse yet, I had even less idea of what to do with my skills and my ship than in Eve Online, and the game exposes you to so many currencies that it is hard to tell how to earn them or what they do.

The game is cool to look at of course, and there is some hope in the public quest design, but I couldn't figure out how I was going to play even to level 20. In 5 days the account goes domant.

Goodbye Cryptic (the Zynga of AAA developers).

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014