Posted: Dec 17th 2010 2:28PM Dblade said

That's odd: they are going to have PvE and PvP servers? I wonder how that will work in context of what they have told us so far.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 3:43PM Harley Dude said

@Dblade

What do you mean? They've said PvP is completely optional, and that there will be world PvP. That pretty much means either separate server types or a flagging system, which most world PvPers despise.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 4:12PM DiscordSK said

@Dblade
It seems, to me anyway, that they are saying you can earn exp and possibly complete certain quests by PVPing, allowing you level that way if you choose to completely ignore the PVE aspect of the game. That in itself will probably please alot of the more hardcore audiance.

Assuming of course PVP doesn't suck.

Posted: Dec 18th 2010 1:06AM Dblade said

@DiscordSK Question four:

"Will there be different server types, as in PvE servers and PvP servers? (asked by Fruskov)
There will be several different types of server, including PvP servers and PvE servers."

My thoughts were like both yours and Harley's. I thought this might have been a typo or something.

Posted: Dec 18th 2010 1:07AM Dblade said

@Harley Dude I thought they only mentioned 8 player battlegrounds. I must have missed the world pvp part.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 5:34PM Lateris said

"There will be several different types of server, including PvP servers and PvE servers". I have to wonder what they are!

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 9:20PM End Dream said

@Lateris RPPVP and RPPVE as well probably

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 10:09PM Pagan said

Game is going to seriously kick ass.

Posted: Dec 17th 2010 10:30PM Interitus said

I'm still interested in seeing Coruscant in game. I hope it is more open then Taris. Both planets are similar but I'd like sort of hidden things on every level, places you stumble upon.

My nightmare for Coruscant is that it's just like Taris, multiple small-ish maps stacked on top of each other with nothing to discover. With hand-holding guidance around the map. Luckily it sounds they aren't going for that route.

Posted: Dec 20th 2010 11:45AM Nicks87 said

I hope there is as little PvP as possible.

PvP ruins MMOs.

Look at WoW, Champions online, Global agenda, Age of Conan, etc. It is the root of the problem with these games.

Dont get me wrong I like SOME PvP. but when developers start balancing character classes around PvP or adding a special stat (resilience) just for PvP it ruins the game for the rest of us.

Also the more skilled players (hackers?/exploiters?) make PvP so unapprochable for new players that they just quit altogether. Nobody likes dying 2 seconds after they spawn into the battle-ground or getting slaughtered over and over and over by people who exclusively PvP.

Posted: Dec 20th 2010 3:26PM pixledriven said

@Nicks87

Yeah, so I'm a PvP'er. I only play the primarily PvE games like WoW (for example) because I have carebear friends and I like to play with them. (I'm also a sick main-healer .. go figure)

I've never understood why developers would start balancing a PvE game around PvP. Seriously - balance your game for what it is, and give us an FFA server. We'll just play the classes that are good. We're usually too busy shit-talking eachother to whine about class balance anyway.

Posted: Dec 20th 2010 5:37PM RogueJedi86 said

@Nicks87

Hey Nicks86, nice of you to cross-post this in both this topic and the Week in Review topic. Do you have some sort of vendetta against pvp in MMOs?