Posted: Dec 14th 2010 6:40PM Lateris said

Dathomir is a cool planet. I wish they would do a revamp of the Imperial prison on Dathomir. These maps are so huge in SWG that every planet could have a revamp with 100's of quest chains that lead into instances. Kudos to the dev who waited for a very long time to get his idea into game.

DX 10 mod for the win gents.

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 7:12PM notuba said

Wowzers, a SWG update?! You mean SOE is still fixing bugs and adding content and features to this old-ass game? O.O But I digress....

Let me reminisce for a bit, won't you?
SWG was my first MMO. I had played online RPGs, but not a subscription persistent world style of RPG like a real deal MMORPG. I was a... MMO virgin(?) at that point.

So many good memories from back then. I remember pre-ordering Jump to Lightspeed, and by doing so got a special speeder, the Flash Speeder, which was free to all characters on my account. I still have that account.

I had loads of fun playing SWG. Crafting was the best I have ever seen in any MMO I've ever played. Loads of fun, I tell ya. Then came the Combat Upgrade aka the CU. I hated it then. Maybe because it was different than what I was used to. /shrug Anywho, before I could get used to the CU, along came the death knell, the New Game Experience aka the NGE.

Long story short, I quit playing after the NGE was released and haven't been back. It was a GREAT MMORPG, had a ground game AND a space game. Try that STO, ha!

If SWG ever goes F2P, I may check in on the ol' gal. *still feels like crying at the loss of such a great sandbox by the maker's hand of doom*

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 7:18PM smg77 said

Oh hey an expansion...oh...for the RMT scam "trading card" game. I'm really glad that the NGE allows the SOE developers to really focus on making SWG more Star Warsy and Iconic.

Posted: Dec 15th 2010 9:43PM claytondora said

lol@siding with nightsisters during imperial reign. great cannon work there guys.

Posted: Dec 15th 2010 9:44PM claytondora said

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM