Posted: Dec 14th 2010 4:18PM Laguna said

Quests in TERA: You're the star of the story

Seriously I don't want to be the star in a mmo. What's the point of being the hero when everybody else is as well?

In aion for example some npc's go like "oh hey! your that great deava everyone is talking about why don't you go deliver this letter for me" :S

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 10:27PM paterah said

@Laguna Same thing with GW2 and swtor. I guess you will have to live with that.

Posted: Dec 15th 2010 8:23AM Laguna said

@paterah The public quests in gw2 atleast seem to give more of the "random stranger(s) saves the day" kind of feeling. And that's what i'm looking for.

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 4:35PM amanos said

so much waiting for what ? u-u

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 4:54PM ZorClone said

I just don't understand why developers will design a game in such a setting with female characters fighting and adventuring and what not while wearing HIGH HEELS... (and in the case of other games, frilly skirts too!) what the hell is the point of that?

I will also qualify this statement by saying: I am a hetero male, I love hot chicks in sexy clothes and such, but only when it makes sense to the subject matter.

Otherwise, this is a good looking game.

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 5:08PM Wurm said

I dont understand why everyone have to run in that goofy bend over style.
Have the animators stopped watching how people run in real life, like at the Olympics ?

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 11:02PM Somnicide said

@Wurm Its an anime thing. Its called the ninja run.

Here's a tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynHsJqH_ul0

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 5:19PM InkSix said

I love reading articles about it, but every time I see TERA I get a mixture of feelings about it not BEING OUT YET!

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 5:54PM asarja said

@ZorClone and @Wurm - it's called artstyle - in this particular case, an asian one. Learn to like it :)

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 10:29PM paterah said

Loving the artstyle...can't wait!

Posted: Dec 15th 2010 8:53AM Aganazer said

Being a ninja, I can tell you that all ninjas run like that. The real problem being that there are no ninjas in Tera. They are all just poser wanabe ninjas. Therefore; this game must be assassinated, in the dark, silently.

But seriously, I wish they would mix in some real gameplay footage in their videos instead of this studio camera crap. Between GW2 and Tera doing this in all their videos, most gamers won't even recognize the game once they see it for real.

Posted: Dec 15th 2010 12:12PM Somnicide said

@Aganazer There are literally weeks worth of actual gameplay footage of TERA on youtube. And there was a recent KOR test, so a very good amount of them are only two weeks old. If any of the upcoming games are fully transparent in that regard, it'd be TERA,

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014