Posted: Dec 13th 2010 1:33PM Xii said

There are two servers (The Bazaar and Zek) that have LiveGamer Exchange support, which allows players to sell money, items, and characters for real-world cash. Also, people trade LoN items (bought with real-world money) for plat on other servers. I'm surprised that they haven't just added a "1 month of game time" to the SC store, now that you can gift stuff. It's not like the game is free of RMT.

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 4:09PM markt50 said

I guess trading plat for SC items won't be that bad, pandora's box was opened the second SOE introduced the item store into a P2P game, they might as well go the whole hog, the only thing I find strange is the way they have approched EQ2X, it's like they are frightened to go the final mile and do the game fully F2P, they might as well do away with the subs and make the game get it's full revenue from the item store.

As much as it pains me to see a once great game end up in the gutter like EQ2, at least we all know the direction DCUO, The Agency and Everquest Next are headed, it makes it easy for people like me to avoid them.

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 6:33PM GreenArmadillo said

"It would help CS deal with potential nightmares involving scamming and failed trades."

I would go a step further and say that if you're going to accept real world cash in exchange for virtual goods that you know players are going to attempt to exchange for virtual currency, you incur a responsibility for safeguarding those transactions. If you're not going to provide a secure in-game interface for trades that you know are happening while you "look the other way", you deserve every dollar of additional CS expenses you incur.

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 7:31PM xilr said

My biggest reason for not playing EQ2 anymore is I cant afford it. And since I cant afford the live servers at $15 a month, I *CERTAINLY* can't afford their huge scam that is EQ2X.

If EQ2 Live had a way I could earn my game time in game by working for another player (Like EVE's Plex) I certainly would.

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 4:44AM pcgneurotic said

@xilr

I can only afford to play my Live account a couple of months a year, but the X severs are awesome. If you really liked EQ and missed it, you'd get over your crazy self and play! 'Can't afford to play a free game', man, that made me laugh.

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 12:34AM wondersmith said

Ever since PLEX was introduced, I've believed EVERY pay-to-play MMO would benefit from something similar. Folks who can't or don't want to pay a subscription can still play, those who want a shortcut to in-game coin can buy it legitimately, and the MMO's revenues go up. Everyone wins!

Posted: Dec 15th 2010 2:41AM Xilmar said

idd, PLEX are really very good. And the best part of it is that it's the players that set the value of a month of game time.

This has been proven very successful in eve's economy and given a few months for everyone to get used to them, the plex-like item will most likely have a balanced value - from an objective point of view

And like the article said, it really helps with RMT. I mean trolls aside, things in eve are a lot better in regards to em. I mean in Jita local you can actually scam unsuspecting noobs now, not be spammed by "ISK very cheap u buy"