Posted: Dec 13th 2010 8:14AM cowboyhugbees said

I'm excited for this year's Yule Festival in LOTRO. That being said, "Wookiee Life Day" sounds like an... experience.

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 8:18AM Ocho said

I will definitely be trying out LotRO's festival this year since they're basically changing how the holidays work there, and for how hyped up it is. Also, since GW's Halloween event was one of the most challenging I've experienced in any game, I'll probably be jumping back into GW as well to check that out. Never experienced a Winter festival in either game so this will be a first for me.

Oh... and maybe WoW since I did recently purchase Cataclysm, though WoW's festivals tend to be more about grind than novelty or challenge.

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 8:24AM Pyron said

Guild Wars Wintersday for me. After the improvements they made to Halloween this year, it's got me curious what they've got planned for Wintersday.

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 9:04AM eLdritchZ said

for me it has to be Frostfell.

It doesn't seem like it's that interesting of an event, because there's just a few quests and this year there's sort of a winter valley zone with a dungeon... The awesome thing though is that every year during the season there are like a gazillion housing items temporarily added to the game. I'm actually not a big fan of Christmas but I really enjoy decorating my house and guild hall with tacky Christmas stuff =)

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 9:26AM dudes said

Winter Veil. In Ironforge. But I still refuse to sit on the old Dwarfs knee.

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 10:39AM Warmark said

Wintersday .
I remember the time I logged into GW when this event first started and was caught off guard with the snow and all the decorations, looked beautiful actually. I think it had a major impact in getting me into the Christmas spirit that year lol.

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 9:19PM (Unverified) said

Not Winter's Veil because every year some a-hole on something bigger than a Mechanostrider is sitting on the presents. Bliz should port them to solo the highest level boss in the game.

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 6:11AM patman23 said

That all sounds awesome, but I'm extremely fond of City of Heroes upcoming generically named Winter Event. Giant Rampaging Snow Monsters, gift giving temp powers, and being able to restock my inspiration lockers with super-inspirations for the year to come always makes me happy.

MMO Week in Review: QueueAge