Posted: Dec 13th 2010 11:18AM HiGHPLAiNS said

I haven't played this game since release and found the game fun, however to many loading instances which to me made the open world small and immersion breaking, despite it amazing graphics.

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 11:47AM arpaktiko said

i bought the collectors edition on first day ..... For a strange reason i never logged on . i still cant make up my mind if i ll give this game a try . After the disaster that Warhammer was for me i am sceptical

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 2:08PM jpkustra said

This definitely isn't the patch to bring me back. Lame-O

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 2:14PM Dril said

Has the arse-wart that is the AoC community (particularly it's PvP section) erupted yet again because of some grave injustice? Reading the AoC forums is really quite a good way to lose your faith in Human intelligence.

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 2:38PM Lateris said

The PvP group does have some valid points in terms of balance issues. It is just unproductive to communicate those issues in a non productive manner like they do. They get ignored heavily because of it. I gladly ignore them. Leveling in this game is killer from 1-80 unlike at launch. The expansion is a token grind but once you hit rank 3 the quests open up per faction. And then thats where the fun begins on the PvE side.

I like these coming updates. I am also looking forward to the engine updates. The loading screens in the expansion areas do take some time even for the beefy machines. I hope those get addressed. I would also like to see new content coming in terms of quests. I think AoC has life in it for a lot longer than people give it credit for.

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 3:22PM Bezza said

I love the game, but social events? I get the feeling the developers are a little lost in regard to what should be a priority for their attention. Social events... really how about spending time on fixing things that are broken such as the whole crafting system which is ridiculously tedious and punishes players who are in guilds that don't have a tier 3 city. It is absurd that high level crafting is blocked by the need to have collected a gazillion resources or spend thousands of gold on building rediculously expensive buildings in your guild city. This effectivly locks out small guilds from high level crafting and makes crafting -which is already tedious at best- an absurd propasition at best.

Then there is the lack of class based quest rewards. The developers need to add class based rewards to all quest loot so players are not forever being given items that they cant use or trade and are basically worthless to them. It is so frustrating to complete a quest and be given some nice peice of loot that your class can't use and because it is a quest rewaed you cant trade it or gift it to anyone, the loot becomes usless to you and your forced to seel it off as scrap. The only motivation for doing most quests is xp. Thats really sad and a little pathetic, it lacks serious forthought on behalf of funcom.

Surley issues such as this are more important than social events? Have the developers lost their way? It seems so to me.

The game is good, it has pleanty of life left in it, I just subbed for another 12 months, but it seems like the developers are just unwilling to go back and fix some of it's most fundimental problems.

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 12:06PM lamiastrix said

The real problem with this isn't that FC is adding social content but that they are going about it all wrong. The one single thing that those who WOULD like to see a little more social fluff want is the longed for appearance tab. And CLOTHES to go in it! Yet FC continues to ignore this constant request and only uts out new raid and pvP gear and then of course there's the Khitai gear which, after a truly stupefying grind to get, leaves your character looking like a bulked up Sumo wrestler wearing ancient Samurai armor. Not exactly what most folks have in mind for their furs clad Cimmerian or sleek Stygian. They are ALSO ignoring the continual requests to revamp the ridiculous renown system that only benefits the mega guilds and leaves solo players or those who prefer to play with a small group of friends out in the cold. So once again they are handing out neat goodies to the mega guilds and ignoring everyone else. Way to go FC.