Posted: Dec 11th 2010 4:12PM Taawa said

On my zealot or magus, there really wan't much I could do against a good white lion. They were much more problematic than witch hunters for me on my zealot. Yet it's amazing how much of a history that class's community has of whining. And they've been doted on to death by Mythic. The WL of today is what Mythic would call balanced. What a joke. I'm glad I unsubbed a couple nights ago.

Posted: Dec 11th 2010 4:15PM Talkan said

I'm glad someone is afraid of white lions, but I find my job is a lot harder to kill sorcerers, zealots, shamans (ESPECIALLY shamans), etc etc. than you make it out to be. Perhaps things -are- easy in the lower tiers, but when most of your prey absorbs your damage due to spells and defensive sovereign gear, things that -should- drop relatively quickly are tankier than you are.

Let's not mention the erratic nature of some of the core White Lion skills, either! Pounce costs AP whether it decides to work this time or not, by the way...

Posted: Dec 11th 2010 8:13PM drakon said

@Talkan

Don't confuse the lame overpowered sovereign gear with a classes core ability to protect itself from a WL. WL are the most feared enemy of a shaman, the hardest healer to kill. (at least when I played)

Posted: Dec 11th 2010 10:30PM Talkan said

@drakon I agree about the defensive sovereign. Hate it!

But, I also think that within 5-10 renown ranks, a white lion (or any melee dps, really) should out perform a robe wearing target (with healers, only if you've specced to have the heal debuffs).

Unfortunately, all my targets are 30 or more renown ranks higher than me and, well...they just pet my kitty and kill me.

Posted: Dec 11th 2010 7:29PM Xilmar said

Well playing any low armor class against a mdps in 1v1 or similar is bad...i play with a BW and every time i'm 1v1 against a WE or even choppa, it's best to turn my back to him and wait for the inevitably quick end. this is in t3. anyway, things are more imbalanced than in wow for example, and that's the way it is... i assume it's the same whole story for squishy dessies on US servers as is for order on EU.

Anyway, to get to the actual topic...there are quite a few WLs out there, but it's purely a flavor of the month thing. it came, it'll pass, and another class will be the one pushing enough of your buttons to cause a rant. coz there always is something annoying...can't begin to say what horror stories i've heard about DOKs and those damn shammies from time to time.

Posted: Dec 11th 2010 9:39PM Eldan said

An obviously biased article, but I feel like you knew that going into writing it and it didn't come off badly.

It seems as though all games have a class like this at all times. WoW's WotLK was known for DKs and ret pallys. Blizzard has a habit of changing classes drastically though. Is there ever really true balance?

I think the problem is that games try to balance PvP and PvE simultaneously. Something needs to be worked out where the two are more separated so the skills don't overlap. Either that or make them more similar, but making PvE imitate PvP is a nearly impossible AI chore.

Posted: Dec 12th 2010 1:03AM Skyydragonn said

@Eldan
I know its a logistics nightmare but I've always been in favor of abilities in games having seperate effects for PvE and PvP. its much eaier to balance one aspect if it is entirely seperate from the other aspect IMO.

For example ret pallies in WotLK if divine storm had PvP issues you could simply tweak the PvP numbers for it leaving the PvE applications untouched. sure it means a lot more development time initially but overall I really feel it would lead to less fotM and a lot less long term class balancin overall. Sadly I'm just another armchair developer sitting at my home PC....

Posted: Dec 12th 2010 2:57AM Balraw said

Hehe if you have a kitty phobia then be grateful that you dont play on Norn.

The white lions will every so often organise into warband and go roaming. Fun to watch 24 player all pounce on a shamie that got separated from the herd. At least from my point of view as I am an order player. Sadly though it usually ends with lots of dead kitties when they face organised opposition but still a fun few hours

Not so fun for me when the Witch Elves do the same .....

Posted: Dec 12th 2010 7:03AM purplehaze said

@Balraw
I hear that, I got jumped by 3 Witch Elves at the same time a couple of nights ago...I was dead in like a second...

Posted: Dec 12th 2010 4:17PM Ardwulf said

You're missing an albi leones.

Posted: Dec 12th 2010 8:04PM clik said

Casters may hate White Lions, but White Lions hate tanks. White Lions have to literally avoid fighting tanks, it's a lost cause and is nothing but death for the WL. Well played Sac DoKs as well, a White Lion cannot and will not kill a Sac DoK that has a pulse in his brain. However a caster can take these classes on pretty well.

Mythics rock, paper, scissor balance at work. Really all this write seems like is a cry of imbalance, I don't really care how much you want to debunk that with a little paragraph at the end.

Why I Play: ArcheAge