Posted: Dec 10th 2010 3:12PM Azev said

It does nothing to change the macrofest that is player cities. It's still way cheaper and faster to macro. Not to mention it levels stats and the sub magic school skills which offline skilling does not. It's a joke that they actually claimed to have put months of thought into this.

Please reduce the grind so we can have a world full of players again AV.

Posted: Dec 10th 2010 3:19PM Jef Reahard said

@Azev

I'm not sure who this system is targeted at tbh. It's not beneficial to anyone who actually spends an hour or two in game every day, which I'm guessing is your average DF player.

Posted: Dec 10th 2010 3:25PM Azev said

@Jef Reahard

I hear yah man, We Darkfall player's want more players ingame and this will not do anything to help that. I want the days of riding around with 20 clannies and running into multiple random groups of 20 players back again.

Posted: Dec 10th 2010 3:50PM smoke2000 said

@Azev I said before that they'd be too cautious with this new system, being afraid of it having too much of an impact. At this point it's a feature forgotten within a week.

Posted: Dec 10th 2010 4:17PM Coolit said

Off line macroing is cheaper and levels more than just the magic school. Seems like all they did is make gold farmers more viable.

Posted: Dec 10th 2010 5:46PM Ziglug said

This bombed unless it gets hotfixed quick.

Useless tool that had tons of potential.

Posted: Dec 10th 2010 10:14PM DevilSei said

Yeowch...

I'm not even a Darkfall person and that sounds bad...
I can understand them wanting to limit its functionality, as its more of testing the waters than anything, and by making it require in-game currency they ensure you can't just not log in for months at a time and be powerful...

But, why not instead make it a skill itself? You have to spend money to buy it, then either find or buy the next levels, to a max of 10 or something. As you spend time offline, to a max of hours, you gain a point per unit of time. Leveling the skill gets you more per-unit. Of course, what you'd be gaining would be a meditation point, like this kind of, and you spend that freely on your skills.

The cap on the time-limit makes it so logging on once a year isn't beneficial. They could also implement a hard limit on how far a meditative skill-point can push you up to. Maybe you can buy your way to 50 with them, but no higher.

Posted: Dec 11th 2010 12:17AM Machinator said

As an Ultima Online vet, I'm well used to macroing. This offline thing sounds rubbish. I relished the requirement of figuring out the best way to raise a skill in UO. Anyone else ever figure out a good way to raise parry?

I look forward to playing DF once I get my new computer set up. I will join thee in the PvP stab-fest!

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM