Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:05AM Grumms said

Nope.

Even though the game is "revamped", I still have no desire to play it. I played a Troll druid to level 22 and it still felt like the same game to me. I forever give up on Warcraft. Like I did after Burning Crusade.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:07AM jealouspirate said

I can't play until Saturday due to work, but I'll definitely be playing Cataclysm.

I know there are a lot of people reading this site who don't like WoW, and that's fine, but for those who have enjoyed WoW it's never been better. I've been leveling through the new 1 - 60 experience recently and it's seriously great content.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:09AM Kaoss said

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:12AM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

Oh, and I'm not (Unverified) either, FFS Joystiq fix your bugs.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:21AM Colin said

@(Unverified)

Sign out, then sign back in. Should be fixed.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:33AM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

You know what happened whan I tried that Colin?

Invalid Login. Try Again.
Try again, that username is in use!

FFS

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:35AM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

Jay
Member since: Mar 30th, 2007

Put me back. Grrr.

If you don't I will... will.... go and play WoW!

well, I won't really, but hey if it gets you to put my three year user name back then I will say it anyway.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 9:58AM Colin said

@Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK

Yeah, the problem is they changed their site user name policy. Now you have to have a unique name, unlike before. Which is really lame for people (like other Colins, HAHA SUCKERS) who just used their names. Not a fan of that change, but I suppose every other website enforces that.

Also, names are permanent now. I'm not a fan of that; I really liked the joke comments people would post by changing names.

So uh, nice to meet you Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:12AM phobic99 said

I said I'd never play again but I'm curious to see what's going on in the 3 years I've not played. I know it's still basically more of the same but I'll give it a shot for a month or so.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:18AM UnknownUser said

Another nope. I feel liberated. This is the first WoW expansion I wasn't playing the minute it came online.

They sent me a free week last month in a feeble attempt to lure me back. What I really found out was that I just don't miss it.

Posted: Dec 12th 2010 11:21AM strik said

@UnknownUser
im with you they offer me 7 days , i installed and patched then i played 2 hours before cataclysm hits out and disconnected for good

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:21AM Idle said

I haven't played since before Wrath and I'll never go back. It's not my cup of tea anymore.

Good luck to all those who enjoy it. I'm sure there are good times ahead. It's always a great feeling when your favorite game brings something new to the scene.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:22AM Jolie said

Played through Vanilla, BC and Wrath but just lost the mojo for it.
Was in beta and wasn't that impressed.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:29AM dragonandante said

Nope, after BC I was done with WoW.

Posted: Dec 19th 2010 11:12AM NoirR said

@dragonandante
what'd british columbia has to do with wow? XD

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:30AM Menx said

Yes I am playing Cataclysm. Goblins are so awesome XD.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:32AM Vegetta said

No I quit wow before Burning Crusade came out. IM kind of curious ot see how hte zones will be changed - but not enough to resub. I'm sure there will be 11 billion youtube movies of the new stuff so I will just wait for those to come out.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:33AM nomoredroids said

I haven't played since the days of BC. I realized one day, after hours and hours of questing, that there wasn't really anything special about WoW. It isn't challenging, the characterization isn't very deep or complex, and the gameplay isn't really all that fun.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:34AM Grumms said

@nomoredroids
My exact feelings. Well said.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:33AM benfoldsarmy said

Yes. I got back into it a few months ago after a year away. In that year, I tried may different MMO's. Most pailed in comparison, although a few did shine. I also play EVE Online, and I know I'm a bit of a rarity when it comes to people that play both of those games, but I got my start in WOW.

I have 3 level 80's, and recently started a Horde Rogue, and am having a ball. I recently went through one of the revamped quest lines at The Forsaken Front(level 24), starting at Lady Sylvanas, and was just blown away by it. At the end of it, I realized why the game has the staying power it does.

Is it perfect? No. Does it offer everything? No. But when they come out with new content, it's polished. And they have continued to evolve. I would say, so far, job well done.

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny