Posted: Dec 6th 2010 10:46AM Yarr said

Kromede's Trial is a nice solo instance. A bit long for my liking, if you clear everything. The music really gets on my nerves after the first hour, but then it is reliving a nightmare, so that kinda fits. :)

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 11:01AM Georgio said

Yeah the "original" idea from NcSoft the "solo instance". I never understood why a "on rails" solo instance is a good idea in a MMO ? Is MMO not suppose to be collaborative game-play ? It is like playing football by yourself :)

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 12:33PM Icemasta said

@Georgio
I don't know how to say this without sounding mean, but that logic is flawed and is based on the belief that MMOs are meant to played in a way and a way only.

A MMO is merely a persistent world where thousands of players can interact, it does not mean that you HAVE to interact with everyone if you don't feel like it right now, or if you simply don't want to.

For instance, the past 4 months I've been overwhelmed with work and school, and I could maybe score 1 hour every couple days to play a game, and let me tell you that I had no time to waste on forming a party and having to deal with other people's bullshit if I wanted to immerse myself in a nice RPG, so obviously I spent my time questing.

Even when I have more free time, I don't have the interest in dealing with other people's antics. I do like playing in groups sometimes, but I'll do it with friends and people I know.

Now, the part I love the most about MMOs is the economy. It's certainly flawed in many games, but playing the market, crafting, selling items, to me, that's a huge fun. You can't really have that in any other type of games, only in MMOs can you manage to have thousands of players doing business with each other for virtual items. This is one of the thing that all types of players (soloers, casuals, hardcore omfgg raider, etc...) have to use.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 1:47PM Jeromai said

You know, I wanted to give Aion another go again for the reactivation celebration, and I can't figure out for the life of me how to get the patcher to update.

"There was no way found to patch from version '1.5.1.15' to version: '2.1.0.2'." It says. The Reactivation FAQ is no help either.

I could bother the heck out of NCsoft support. Or I could google and try to figure out a third-party solution to patch from 1.5 to 1.9, from 1.9 to 2.0, then 2.0 to 2.1 or whatever. But it seems like an awful lot of work for very little gain. You'd think they'd want to make it easy for old players to give it a shot again.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 2:40PM Yarr said

@Jeromai

Got this off the forums, you might give it a try, just remember only delete the launcher, not the game):

If you are having NCLauncher problems un-install it and manually remove the folder in your Program Files folder (default NCSoft/Launcher).

Then re-install it from the link on the official launcher page:

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 4:54PM Sishen said

@Jeromai

I had that problem also just hit repair and it'll download. My download was like 13GB tho :D