Posted: Dec 6th 2010 4:04PM Rayne26 said

So many years have passed and the result is that my trust goes only for blizzard.
I must play other games first in order to buy them.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 4:55PM tekert said

It's easy to say that when you begin development on 2010, 2009. They say it like if we not dreamed that back then.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 7:36PM Cicadymn said

I really love 40k. The characters, the story, the action.

But every time I see an article like this, this is all I see: http://i53.tinypic.com/f0py7c.png

I really really really hope that isn't true.

But I don't want to fall for that, EVER AGAIN.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 8:15PM lizardbones said

Just the combination of marines and mechs stomping across the landscape = win to me. It will be interesting to see what they do with it. Global Agenda gives me hope that the future of MMOFPS/Action/Combat is bright. I guess we'll find out, won't we?

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 8:40PM Sean D said

"Don't compare yourself with others lest you become vain and bitter. There will always be greater and lesser than yourself." -Desiderata.

If one of the premises upon which 40K is being built is that it will offer what other MMOs don't offer (like we haven't heard that before, right?), then it's starting at a disadvantage. I understand that this game has been in development for some time already now and is therefore somewhat established, but what can we really expect from it when it's using other already existent games as the measure? What innovation is there in that?

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 10:45PM jeremy2020 said

"Do"; "Don't Talk"

Let me see this put into action. There's a whole lot of smack talking going out there from MMO devs after a lull of failed 'WoW Killers'. I want to see developers implementing this stuff.

Ideas are easy. Execution is hard.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:47AM Vegetta said

so waiting for this game

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 10:31AM (Unverified) said

Want to make me excited for this game? It only takes two words:

Three. Factions.

No less. (Maybe more.) If you want me to care about playing against other people, you just can't have only two sides to the combat/war/whateveryouwannacallit. It just doesn't work.

Posted: Dec 12th 2010 1:33AM Shadowstorm said

From what I gather, Games Workshop is the one calling the shots on how the factions work. And as far as 40k goes, it's either 1 side vs the other, or a free-for-all. There is no room for this 3 faction business.

It's tough to make an accurate judgment about the factions they have set up with the criminally small amount of information they're giving us. If the focus is map-conquering PvP, then 2 faction can be problematic. If it's map conquering PvP with an equally strong dose of PvE, then it'll roughly balance itself out.

The promise to make it more action and skill oriented rather than the standard MMO format is certainly welcome though.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014