Posted: Dec 6th 2010 11:40AM Unshra said

Wow I don't think I have selected "None of the Above" so many times in any of the past Player Choice awards. Really this has been a year of disappointments though I have to admit all those disappointments were (at least to me) not unexpected.

Will just have to wait for next year and see what that batch brings, thankfully I am into some of the betas for the MMO that are on the top ten of my list and so far I've been pleased (not that is not the same as impressed) with each one.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 11:52AM dudemanjac said

I find it funny that Black Prophecy is put in the 2012 category when it's actually in beta, while Jumpgate is still in pre-beta and it's in 2011.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 12:14PM Zorak said

I have to echo how odd it is to *only* see SE mentioned in the "worst of" category, and otherwise XI being completely ignored. I know you all voted and you can't get all the games in there but... it's a pretty big game to completely skip over.

And yeah, I think "none of the above" is going to win lots.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 12:15PM Mendoras said

2010 was a bad MMO year.

But there are 2 strange things ..

1. Why is there no DAoC Expansion listed? They realeased 3 great ones (ok ToA isnt so popular, but i liked it :))

2. Best F2P/Freemium Conversion of the Decade

Warhammer Online

wtf?

WAR is still a full P2P title...

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 2:25PM Beau Hindman said

• 1 heart
@Mendoras The unlimited free trial, which consists of endless RvR (which could count as a game in itself) and the lots of content (including repeatable) along with the option to upgrade to aa full sub makes WAR count as a freemium game.

It's featuring less of a free feature than most freemium games, but still counts. Wizard 101, for example, features a very distinct line between the free part and the paying part, but the nature of the free content means that players can literally do nothing but play for free if they wanted. In fact, many players do.

Beau

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 12:42PM niakori said

Took both surveys. I can't wait to see the results.

2010 Wasn't a good year : /

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 1:34PM archipelagos said

Got to say that there are real odd omissions from the choices. Ho hum, should be interesting to see the results.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 1:35PM Jeromai said

Yeah, 2010 was ridiculously hard to vote for. The most interesting question for me was No. 5. All the existing game expansions were a lot more fascinating than any of the new MMOs released in 2010. Based on scale and nigh-unlimited budget, there can only be one winner of that question, but all the expansions looked like they did a lot of good for their respective games.

And where is WH40K in most anticipated beyond 2012? Or does someone know a launch date I don't know! :)

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 1:39PM SgtBaker1234556 said

CCP is up for Best MMO Studio of the Decade but not on the list for Worst MMO Studio of the Decade?!?

erm.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 1:48PM Armidian said

FFIX, should it have been mentioned? Yes, absolutly. Should it win any of those catagories...no. And i will say the 2010 survey i picked more none of the above than anything, the only easy ones to pick were most anticipated of 2011 and biggest dissapointment, both i found myself wishing there was an option to select more than one game.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 2:10PM BIZKeT said

It would have been nice to have the ability to write in. Fallen Earth has *far* better crafting than STO and Global Agenda in my opinion (the two in the list I have experience with) yet I could only select 'None of the Above'. Hell, PotBS has better crafting that both of those games.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 3:36PM cic said

@BIZKeT

Tis strange.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 3:05PM purplehaze said

What? No Alganon????

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 3:06PM spartanthetriviumorg said

I LOVE some of the categories this year. Rock on guys!!!!

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 3:16PM Junkmaster said

Looked like a pretty fair list to me. I've tried and tried to play FFXI but, it just wasn't all that to me. I don't even like WoW but, I can see how people would enjoy playing it.
Nice job on including a decade list.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 4:06PM Avick said

Wow, seriously? Hey, guys, perhaps you didn't notice.... but Warhammer Online is NOT a F2P game and never converted. Lovely job on this survey...

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 5:02PM Channel84 said

@awick
agreed...10 level of endless trial is definitely not f2p or even freenium

lack of ffxi in the last decade poll makes me go WTF??!!

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 5:27PM Tazmanyak said

Thank you, thank you soooo much for putting EQ: planes of power in the better decade extension!
In my heart, this is still the best mmo ever, and maybe it will always be.
To Everquest, with love!
I want and EQ3, like EQ, with more Roleplayability!
And, maybe, less grind!!!

new category asked: Best MMO ever!
I vote EQ :)

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 6:21PM JuJutsu said

ditto all the comments about None of the Above

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 7:43PM Bladerunner83 said

Hopefully this will go better than last year. I'd hate to see frogster cheat their way to the top. If they can manipulate the vote, imagine what they can do to your wallets.