Posted: Dec 7th 2010 7:32AM JordyChrist said

cataclysm seems like blizzards attempt at making WoW more accessible and im not buying into it. i played for quite some time and was even able to catch a glimpse at alpha and beta...to which i say that it is the same old game just blown up! oooh aaah, big f-ing deal! the new races are dumb and the class additions are even more dumb!

at this point there isnt a thing in the world that can save WoW for me, save it going F2P...i quite and wont ever be going back!

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 9:15AM OxfordDon said

I haven't played WoW for 6 months or so now, and then I'd only returned briefly from another 6 month "retirement". My wife and I toyed with the idea of Cataclysm, but in the end, great as WoW once was, it has had it's day. It's time to search pastures new, such as upcoming games like SWtOR and Rift. I'm not for one second implying that I was in the Rift beta at the weekend, but hypothetically speaking, if I were, I would probably have said it is well worth a look at the very least.

Posted: Dec 8th 2010 5:54PM Sukiyaki said

Friends urged me to play WOTLK after quitting the game the second time shortly after the "Burning Badge Grind" Expansion and I fell for all the empty hype and many blatant false advertisement (like faked "preview" movies with half of the content NEVER released in retail and the other half watered down and just cheaply done) of Blizzard once again, just to quit it out of boredom by all the bland content again.

Wont happen with this expansion and I will never touch this overhyped garbage ever again, especially when there have been released so many different easily better games the last years and even several F2P games offer equal or even better gameplayexperience than WoW, not even askng for 50 bucks to rehash old gamecontent and just dumb everything down and make it more solofriendly.
5 tiny new areas and 5 tiny new zones and the rest is just copy paste content., for more than 40$ without gametime even. You can buy two new games offering easily four times as much content and more gamplay fun than this overhyped garbage.

Even if the promises were not just the usual empty hype followed by dumbed down and simplified content.
This is what WoW should have been when it was released. And after 6 years these upgrades to atleast close to mediocore quality should have been offered in patches since a long while, without an extra prictag added in the same run, to be able to keep up with all the other player.

But blinding people with endless hype and gratification for the simpleminded is what they earned their success from. If theres a market for this one is going to exploit it.

Posted: Dec 13th 2010 4:51PM Nicks87 said

I'm sorry, not trying to offend anyone but...

If you think this game is great and worth $40 you are:

a) a new player

b) a casual player who'd rather go fishing and socialize with guildies than see end game content.

or

c) a weak minded person who is easily entertained by repeatative, boring, rehashed game-play and slightly better graphics.

Cataclysm is C grade gaming at best and thats if you have not played through it yet.

Posted: Dec 14th 2010 12:15PM dragonandante said

Nah, I'm good. I quit during BC., and I don't intend to return. Just waiting around for the fairly successful mmorpg.

Posted: Dec 15th 2010 10:13AM (Unverified) said

Great info here! I'm currently loving leveling towards L85! And will get round to leveling again from L1 and beyond, played 1 years worth before cata, another restart of visiting the world!