Posted: Dec 6th 2010 2:56PM (Unverified) said

This sucks I'm beginning to doubt this game is going to make it. Oh well whats one more fail among all the others thats happened over the last few years

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 3:03PM Anatidae said

It does seem like they bailed on jumpgate to build Lego Universe.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 3:05PM Teki said

Yeah, doesn't look like Jumpgate isn't going to make it at this point. I hope I am wrong though.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 2:51PM Sabbatai said

@Teki It does not look like it is not going to make it? So you think it IS going to make it then?

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 3:09PM karnisov said

netdevil was too busy cranking out Lego Universe to bother with JGE.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 3:20PM Russell Clarke said

Hmmmm, hopefully this doesn't result in JGE being rushed out the door unfinished. We all know how well that usually turns out.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 5:08PM alucard3000 said

@Russell Clarke lol it obviously doesnt sound like netdevil is rushing if they are a year and 10 months past the release date that was in the contract to get funding from codemasters.If it was your money I am pretty sure you would be doing the same I know I would.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 5:43PM Russell Clarke said

@alucard3000

Sigh. Codemasters apparently has every right to do what they're doing, but releasing a game unfinished due to pressure is still 'rushing it'.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 3:28PM (Unverified) said

FINALLY!!!!
Someone gets onto NetDevil for being sloppy
it's about Fracken time someone lit a fire under their butts
Lego Universe is probably gonna circle the bowl if LEGO Corp doesn't continue to whip NetDevil
they are Bad news very bad news.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 3:42PM DemonXaphan said

I'm calling shenanigans!

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 6:17PM Syesta said

@DemonXaphan Everybody! Grab a broom!

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 3:57PM Taawa said

How interesting! Would it be too off base to think Codemasters has written off this game? I've been following JGE for years, hoping it'd bring something really different to my gaming time and the genre. I hope someone from NetDevil stands up and demonstrates, somehow, that this isn't the end of the road.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 4:23PM Renko said

Anyone who has been following JGE knew Codemasters stopped being the EU publisher a long time ago, it's just good to finally find out why.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 4:54PM Lateris said

I wish more studios could get away from publishers. It such a deadly catch 22/ There is such a high cost in production these days.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 5:24PM Icemasta said

@Lateris
Well, publishers are the one with all the money. In other markets, it's the bank that will loan cash for your business, in the media market, it's a publisher that will back you up because it's cheaper than getting a loan from a bank than getting deals from various different third-party companies to prepare your product.

In this game, Netdevil is definitely in the wrong. As the lawsuit explains, the original release day was Feb 2009, and delays are generally fine, but it's been nearly 2 years and there has been almost not update on what was going on?

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 7:23PM BubleFett said

• 1 heart
What the hell is up with Codemaster these games take long to produce
look at what has been happening with APB and other games like
FFXIV. Please give the developers a chance to finish the game.

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 8:36AM Icemasta said

@BubleFett
This isn't your run of the mill "WE WANT IT OUT NOW" with a game being released 6 months too early.

This game was supposed to be released in Feb 2009, nearly >2< years ago. During this time, not much has been updated development side. The game play they showed at E3 2009 is the same as the one being tested in closed beta.

Meanwhile, Netdevil scored another deal for Lego Universe, and from what I could gather, they didn't hire anyone new, that means they took people out of the JGE dev team, or stop dev altogether to complete Lego Universe.

So you have Codemasters, standing there with a 1.3M investment into Netdevil and they aren't doing squat for your money, so what do you do? You sue them to get it back!

APB and FFXIV were other developers and while I agree FFXIV was released a bit early, APB needed to be released at that point in time, and it was probably released too late.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 8:32PM YogiFYG said

I'm finally at the point that JGE is not on my radar. If it releases great, but I have waited so long and researched too much. My joy for the title is gone. :P

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 8:53PM Degu said

Agreed with the lord of the pick-i-nic basket. Been too long, too many games coming up for me to care much at this point. At least their mess hasn't been as tawdry as the SGW sleazefest. About all I can say for it though.

Posted: Dec 6th 2010 9:44PM enamelizer said

• 1 heart
Publisher are why we can't have finished games.

The Stream Team: Firefall's farewell