Posted: Dec 4th 2010 10:32AM Theeinferno said

I'm trying the DCU beta, and the Rift beta. All the while working on music for an mmo, and chillin like a villain. Hope everyone else has a great weekend.

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 10:33AM BaronJuJu said

I'll be playing some WURM (hoping not to bury myself in our mine), EVE and maybe a bit o' Wizard101 and EQ2 as well.

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 11:05AM Dlangar said

I'll be leveling my new night elf mage in WoW, and playing a bit more of The Beta That Shall Not Be Named (tm pending!).

Dusty

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 11:53AM Pingles said

Trying to get my Beta to load. It's a ginormous download and I have to do it in sessions but it keeps resetting me to zero. Ugh.

Playing Zentia and Iris Online as well.

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 11:56AM Branded Alive said

WoW, WoW, and more WoW.

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 11:58AM Sorithal said

Hataclysm sounds like a good name for a Team Fortress 2 update >.>

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 6:48PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

As I was trying out the new Azshara quests on a brand new Troll rogue, I found myself trying to cool down a reactor core being transported on rails by a very large ogre, who started it by saying

"We must push little cart"

;-)

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 12:23PM Doba said

Rift Beta for me I love it so much more than WoW now only if I had a VIP pass....

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 12:49PM BruceLeeglad said

Playing some Rift beta and some wow...

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 1:26PM Bhagpuss said

Splitting my time between two betas, with some EQ2X for light relief.

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 3:41PM Syesta said

FFXIV, DCUOβ and Aion (double XP week woo)

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 7:23PM Xii said

EQ2, some AoC, and downloading Rift. Maybe playing another beta.

Posted: Dec 5th 2010 1:57AM Jeromai said

WoW. Yeah, the hater is playing it. The $5/$10 promotion worked. And how can I comment about it objectively without giving it a fair shake?

I'm just pretending not to notice there's a raid game at max level, and just enjoying and analyzing the re-designed leveling game as a significantly more polished singleplayer experience. Helps that I lucked into starting with the undead zones. The new bite-sized quest hubs are easy low-commitment-necessary fun. Very little pointless back and forth. Those seeking hardcore difficulty and sense of must-rely-on-other-people world might probably cry at this, I see it as catering more to the mainstream newbies whom they haven't assimilated yet.

Also on the menu, Minecraft and City of Heroes for the Alpha Slot. Still wondering if I want to give Aion another shot on the free, double xp weekend.

Posted: Dec 5th 2010 3:08PM SgtBaker1234556 said

@Jeromai

Nah. the world actually scales very well towards the hardcore and must-rely-on-other-people. You can't do the raid game without others - and it's pretty challenging (even though most of it can be summarized as "don't stand in bad stuff").

So you see it works, even for the hardcore - the only thing it's missing is a way to permanently affect the world through player actions - but then again, they're not marketing it as a sandbox.

And yeah - playing WoW here as well.

Posted: Dec 5th 2010 11:22PM Jeromai said

@SgtBaker1234556

Ah, but remember, I'm pretending the raid game doesn't exist. :)

Blizzard always tries to cater to everybody. That's why you have the schizophrenic completely-different-in-mindset leveling and raid games. I think it's been commented before, and not just by me, that it's a very weird disconnect to go from WoW leveling to raiding.

Seems like odd design there. Or maybe it was the intention all along to grab both markets in this fashion, letting the raiders race through the leveling game on to the "real game" and the levelers putz around with multiple alts before ceasing to subscribe. Who knows.

Still I've read a few comments elsewhere that the focus on solo, tour-guided stories and popular-culture minigames in the revised quests are detracting away from the "core game" (presumably of raiding at max level and the preparation for it.) Or that they are too mindlessly easy.

Naturally, there's some skippable group content while leveling too. Though I can't help but notice that quite a lot of this group content is done in a pair or trio of already established players, or a level 80 helping out their alt or an alt's friend. :)

One Shots: Nowhere to hide