Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 1:00PM Stuxatte said

This is kind of reminding me of crafting in EVE, in the sense that you'll ultimately be managing five "factory slots" which can support five jobs each.

So that's a max of 25 active jobs. I presume it's so you can make a ton of components at once to then later assemble into a big end-game item.

And since you can make so many components at once, they'll increase the time it takes to make them, but soften that up by allowing jobs to continue while you're offline, as they say in the blog post.

I wonder what the actual crafting process is like though, if you decide to do it yourself?

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 1:20PM JediPagan said

Game just looks better and better in every sense. Launch already!

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 3:31PM Lateris said

I am really stoked on this crafting system. I also like the fact that rare recipes will give you a sense of individuality. And the fact that players will seek out player crafted items.

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 12:46AM SwobyJ said

I hope crafting is really good in TOR. Game should succeed if only to add true competition in the industry.

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 8:52AM Decanus said

wonder if we can have a all droid crew, or all human or what ever race floats your boat would be cool if crew works some what like star trek online in terms of customization of equipment/uniform and face

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 1:37PM Valdamar said

I really love the fact that you assign crafting to crewmates and that it continues offline (because I hate crafting grinds and refuse to do them), but I'm also really REALLY glad that lightsaber crafting won't be a part of this and that you can craft your own - hopefully they'll build on KOTOR's lightsaber crafting system and let us mix & match different crystals.