Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 11:59AM arathil said

Make it rain, Casey!

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 1:31PM halfcaptain said

Here I am expecting some coverage of the upcoming EVE expansion, and I get instead a few smarmy, myopic statements about EVE. ("the game that refuses to die!" "they just got a resizable windowed client! har har har"). I should know better to expect real news about any mmo that isn't WoW from good ol' Casey Schreiner.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 2:06PM (Unverified) said

@halfcaptain
Actually he makes fun of WoW (and wow players) more than eve, it's just that eve players are so hyper-sensitive and defensive of their graphical spreadsheet that you guys ACT like he spends 2 dedicated hours a day personally insulting your mothers.
It's a game, it's popular enough that more than 10 people know about it, it will get made fun of. Life goes on and the wounds will heal....with thyme.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 3:57PM halfcaptain said

@(Unverified)

ehhhh, take it easy. i'm not devestated, i'm just saying that the resizable client window is by no means the biggest feature of the updates. for something that's ostensibly an mmo news report, that eve segment is pretty misleading. eve players are used to the usual cheapshots, but when "mmo news" about eve demonstrates a poor understanding about the incursion updates PLUS a few cheapshots, we get a little more salty.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 2:33PM DaBruuzer said

I can never tell whether the MMO Report is supposed to be funny or informative. Because it certainly isn't EITHER. Horrid writing is what kills it, so no idea if that is Casey's fault, or the monkeys'.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 3:01PM (Unverified) said

he kinda looks like a muppet here

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 5:42PM Lateris said

Look - its all tongue in cheek. And I enjoy Caseys show for this humor. But I would prefer a serious discussion on MMO's for a video Web\TV show. In fact it wold be similar to Eve TV.

Does anyone have any suggestions for one? I like Casey but I want more in depth details like Brett used to do in Virgin Worlds before he left. It annoys me that G4 tv is just a comedy network. I want a serious take on this. I am too chubby and fugly to host one.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 7:17PM Xilmar said

hehe guys, you gotta realize that the mmo report has nothing to do with actual news...it's just bits of information available all over the internetz, with a couple of usually failing jokes

it's like taking random bits from 6 yahtzee reviews and putting them together to make a few minutes of sound. it's kinda like making coitus with your mother...sure, it get's the job done, but it just doesn't feel right

Posted: Jan 15th 2011 3:33PM InkSix said

Wow that guy is not funny. My first time watching it and I just couldn't finish the video. G4 still sucks apparently. Video games in mainstream media seems to alway suck. Spike's VGAs are horrible too.