Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 3:13PM Dread3d said

I Dont Hate Elfs .... I hate The People That Play Them

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 3:17PM BroBear said

Elves fucking suck. Burn them. stake the as were they vampires. They have personalities like said!

The only elves that are ok are the original spineless (literally) mistdwellers of nordic mythology. They're cool enough ^^

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 4:46PM Psychotic Storm said

I like sci fi if, "elves" is to signify fantasy, I don't really like them.

Actually I really hate the elves stereotype, essentially an elitist snob with superiority complex, yeah whatever, actually the only elves I liked was from elfquest.

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 1:59AM jazzper said

After three hardcore years of WoW the game design of the male nightelves put me off. Today I am sick and tired of the entire fantasy genre - all thanks, or because of if you wish, the stupid looking male nightelves. I couldn't stand their walk, their big ugly hands, their appearance...their everything.
Simply put - they need to be redesigned. Bad.

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 9:53AM Sente said

I would consider myself anti-elf, if anything. There are fantasy MMOs without elves, thankfully.

A nice quite about elves from Terry Pratchett's Lords and Ladies is the one below, which is a book with an interesting twist on what elves are:

Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.
The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.

Posted: Dec 5th 2010 10:48AM EilertAlemat said

Pretty much pro-elf. To think most of my avatars were elven. However, sometimes I feel very "anti" indeed. Back in the day Middle Earth elves or Toril elves, specially drow, was alien. They were really different from any other race. Now... I don't know. Sometimes it's nothing to do with elves, I think, it's just humans with pointed ears. And it gets annoying. With new games on horizon elves starts to look and feel elven again, but we shall see.

To this day WoW did the best MMORPG elves for me with BC launch. Never thought I would play for Horde. I think they even slightly better put then Everquest's Neriak dark elves. Dark elves fighting vampires on regular basis - that was pretty awesome too. :)

Posted: Dec 7th 2010 12:52AM Saerain said

I would probably have to fall under pro-elf, but generally not in MMOs.

The elves of Tolkien, Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40K, Hârn, Elder Scrolls, Shadowbane, Arcanum, Dragon Age, and even TERA: some of my favorite fantasy races of all time.

The elves of just about everything else: kill it with fire.

Posted: Dec 9th 2010 12:30AM Ryukan said

I have no problem with elves, they are alright in my book. I am however, anti-furry and anti-stupid-looking-midget-races.