Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 1:05PM fauxcivility said

Whoo! Can't wait to get some game time in :D

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 1:42PM arodriguezc said

Is it really worth it? I remember the game being a big grind... has that changed?

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 2:46PM Drunken Irish Sniper said

@(Unverified).
"how do I get the unverified name?"
Log out then log back in I think.

"I remember the game being a big grind... has that changed?"
A friend of mines friend was telling him just the other day that Aion has enough quests to make it to max level without having to grind.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 4:09PM arodriguezc said

@Drunken Irish Sniper

Thank you! I will give it try this weekend!

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 1:42PM arodriguezc said

and how do I get the unverified name?

Posted: Dec 3rd 2010 8:47PM Xii said

Can anyone log in with this?

I had an account since CB, played for several months after launch, and now its telling me I can't log in since I haven't paid recently.

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 12:09AM fauxcivility said

@Xii Well technically these are re-activating paid accounts :s Since NCSoft didn't say they're having a "Free to Play" weekend maybe it's only previously paid accounts that are able to log in D;

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 12:13AM InkSix said

I can't log in either. Many others are having this problem apparently, and all that NCsoft has come back with so far is reinstalling and repatching, last time I read the forum troubleshoot.

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 6:26AM Tadhik said

I installed the game after the reactivation and still can't login http://kcy.me/198n u_u
Congratulations NCSoft ¬¬

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 6:05PM InkSix said

After uninstalling and redownloading and reinstalling, I can log in again. Not sure if this was on my side or server side tho.

Posted: Dec 4th 2010 7:22PM Langx2 said

Trial accounts and accounts that didn't pay for at least 1 month were not reactivated. Accounts that went inactive dec 2 or later (like mine) weren't reactivated either. Fuck ncsoft. Not even something as simple as a free welcome back period can be done by them with plain talking and straight answers. They always go out of their way to be misleading and deceitful.

The grind is still there, as is the lack of interesting end game content. You can now level to 55 and go into a new instance with drops that aren't much better than what you could get from dark poeta. The end game gear is still AP gear which is still a huge grind for both medals and abyss points. The economy is crazy now, with rampant inflation everywhere due to ncsoft doing a complete 180 with drop rates. Now junk drops are plentaful, which gives everyone lots of kinah to spend but there is nothing meaningful to spend it on past a few key items, which raises their prices significantly to keep up with the demand. So while you can go out and make a few million kinah in an hour easily, you will still be stuck buying the same amount of stuff that it bought months ago when you were only make 50k an hour: not much.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014