Posted: Dec 1st 2010 11:26AM Solp said

Let us not forget that Ubisoft published Grandia, one of the most fun PS games ever.

(Totally irrelevant, but man, I loved that game.)

Posted: Dec 1st 2010 11:48AM Valdur said

I'm having signal warnings .....DRM :(

Posted: Dec 1st 2010 12:03PM Dril said

@Valdur You do understand that MMOs don't need it and can't need it because you have to connect to official servers to use it....

...right?

Posted: Dec 1st 2010 12:10PM Greyhame said

@Valdur

Well, seeing as Ubisoft's current PC DRM scheme is pretty much exactly what you need for an MMO (constant Internet connection) I don't really see that being a problem.

Posted: Dec 1st 2010 12:20PM Nyan said

Personally I'm wary of EU publishers, or actually any 3rd party publisher for MMOs. The developers are always treating us like 2nd class. The support is bad, the patches delayed and we have no direct say in the game development. Eventually all western developers find out it's best to run all servers themselves. I don't know why Trion has to repeat the same mistake.

But I'm lucky. Since I don't live in the listed countries of Europe, will I be put on Trion's server by default?

If so, yay!

Posted: Dec 1st 2010 12:21PM Valdur said

@ Greyhame & Dril

As long as it doesn't prevent my PC from working properly...

Posted: Dec 1st 2010 1:11PM Yarr said

With Ubisoft involved, don't be surprised to see some type of Securom built into the client so you'll need to have the install DVD in the drive at all times, as well as being connected online. Maybe they'll want DNA samples and retinal scans as well. :) This will all be in the name of preventing private servers, but really will only be a hassle to legit users, same as all DRM.

Posted: Dec 1st 2010 1:24PM Sigma7 said

I hope this does not mean that Europeans can only connect to European Servers. I would sincerely love to be able to play with my non-European Friends again.

Posted: Dec 1st 2010 2:17PM SgtBaker1234556 said

Well at least it wasn't GOA.
I understand it's not always possible for studios to establish themselves globally for one game - but I'm very vary of 3rd party partnering after Warhammer + GOA and LotrO + Codemasters.

Posted: Dec 1st 2010 3:24PM pcgneurotic said

@SgtBaker1234556

While I agree that GOA sucked harder than a toothless old granny in a boiled egg factory, I honestly never had a problem with COG. The F2P delay was a bummer, but not really their fault.

Posted: Dec 1st 2010 2:51PM Henthor said

I was waiting so long for a game like this, well ... I'll have to play other titles, this is a really sad day for me.
this -Yarr
"Maybe they'll want DNA samples and retinal scans as well. :) ...
The fact Trion has any dealings with Ubisoft at all crosses them off my list, and I'm not even in Europe. :( Sorry, I don't buy products from a company that sells DRM-infested software that won't work just because it doesn't like what brand my optical drive is..."

Posted: Dec 1st 2010 2:57PM CosmicBoy said

Im with Yarr on this one. Nothing good can come out from colaboration with a company which treats it's clients like trash.

Posted: Dec 1st 2010 2:59PM eLdritchZ said

I don't like this.... delayed patches, payment issues... and I don't get it either.... even frackin Hi Rez managed to market Global Agenda globally all by themselves... it might have taken a while for the boxes to be sold in Europe but they did the smart thing and sold it via Steam...

I really don't like this European Publisher crap... haven't had any good experiences with it yet.... GOA for DAoC and WAR, Codemasters for LotRO, those italian guys for Horizons.... all horrible