Posted: Nov 29th 2010 1:36PM Rooher said

Guild wars is a great game but I can not really comment on any content flaws since I have not play the game to its full extent. But from what i have played of Guild Wars i have nothing but good things to say and i have all confidence that Guild wars 2 will let few people down. The wait is killing me though, and i await eagerly each day for more info.

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 1:53PM Arkanaloth said

@Rooher I know what you mean, I'm really looking forward to GW2. Make mine a Collectors Edition. ^_^

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 2:51PM Rooher said

I´d like to add that I have question to you Rubi, you say the Massively tv will live stream some more guild wars content and i would like to see thatt stream but i can find any mention of when this live stream will take place.

If you could provide a time it would be most appreciated.

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 4:53PM Eamil said

@Rooher It'll be on Thursday. I want to say 8PM EST but I can't remember exactly, it might be 9.

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 4:42PM Alpoe said

I find an entire article detailing with criticism and our expectations for perfect, godly games to be a little unnecessary. But I'll take it.

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 5:08PM Utakata said

...off to the side:

Do you know why there has been so little information of late with GW2, when a few months ago it was coming at a fairely steady and regular pace? Is it because the last two bit s of info they released contained business model hints that where not well recieved...so they've completely backed off in releasing any further information about this game? Just curious...

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 6:50PM Mikx said

@Utakata They knew they were going to show the game at the late summer conventions (Gamescom, Pax) and so they got a lot of info out the door to increase interest, and so people aren't playing the game cold, they have information out there, if they so choose.

Basically, they got double exposure, from the updates, and from the conventions. And, now, that the conventions aren't pushing on the schedule, they can relax.

There was also a post on the arenanet blog explaining their iterative design process, not wanting to reveal something unless they're pretty sure its going to make it into the game, and the holiday season (fewer people in the office) which all impact development and information release.

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 7:19PM Utakata said

@Mikx

Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me. Your conclusions do sound reasonable from what I little I know of ArenaNet...

...but it is apparent, I asked this too late:

Now I feel like an ass. :(

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 8:02PM Mikx said

@Utakata No, you're not, and don't feel that way ;) Ravious, the guy that did the Kill Ten Rats interview, was commenting on the lack of information too a week or so ago, and at the same time, mentioned that he would have a surprise (meaning most likely this new interview).

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 6:31PM Yoh said

I completely agree with you on this one Rubi, unwavering praise is useless, if you really do care, then you will call people on there fault.
Because the first step to correcting your faults, is to acknowledge them.

Which is why I took you to task several times when I felt that you too we're going a bit far with you fangirlism.
I can give you a list of solid reasons as to why you should buy GW2, but hype is not one of them.
Don't buy the hype.

It's the same kind of people who accept positive claims uncritically, that will also turn on the game in an instant, once a negative claim surfaces.
Ie, like that whole Transmutation Stones fiasco.

Don't be a sheep, be objective.

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 6:55PM Mikx said

I still havent gotten to the hearts of the north, or gotten keiran's scavenger hunt to reappear, but I expect, and don't mind occasional hiccups now and then. This is far less annoying than the week or two this spring when the turtles in FA were bugged. Plus, you have to figure that this is the first big update since Linsey Murdock turned over the reins of the live team, so you have to figure it will take a little time for everybody to get their proverbial sea legs.

Posted: Nov 30th 2010 9:54AM ktastic said

I would love to join MVOP, but y'all are a Kurzick guild, right? I know it's a big undertaking, but is there a Luxon branch (or a desire to start one)? I've been playing since day one but haven't really been to any of the more end-game parts and really want to see it all before GW2 comes out and my attention span is diminished.

Posted: Dec 1st 2010 5:40PM nunix said

@ktastic I'm also interested in a Luxon branch.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM