Posted: Nov 29th 2010 7:42PM Yoh said

Heheh, crazy cat lady.
But I really am glad to see APB is finally getting the support it needs.

#1 cause of independent video game death, lack of support.
With proper support, even crap games can hang around like the plague.
(not the APB is crap, it's quite good)

Posted: Nov 30th 2010 12:31AM SirUrza said

@Yoh

It's crap. People played the open "beta" so it was crap and didn't get it.

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 7:45PM Doba said

This.game.is.done.for.

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 8:31PM Zhaosen said

Ugh...charging for customization....goddamnit...goddamnit all.

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 8:47PM Buzz Killington said

The problem with the game is that it didn't have traditional MMO "skills", to my knowledge. As you rank up, you didn't unlock any skills to really customize your character beyond surface appearance.

Please change that now. Thanks.

Posted: Nov 29th 2010 8:56PM Keen and Graev said

It's really not a MMO. It's a multiplayer game.

Posted: Nov 30th 2010 12:30AM Space Cobra said

"This transitions to his second post, which examines the company's plan for premium (i.e., paid) players. "The goal then becomes nudging the most hardcore players into 'Premium' account status, in order to help pay the bills, while also letting people lease weapons and perform micro transactions for other items," Book-Larsson writes."

Umm, wha? "Letting people lease weapons"?

I am sorry, unless they cost pennies or are insta-one-shot kills, I ain't interested. (Sure, such things would unbalance the game and should NOT be in there, but I freely admit I'd buy one).

Also, the limits on customization could be troubling; we don't know the exact limits or if people would be happy with them or not.

I dunno...can this "crazy cat lady" save this particular cat? ATM, it's not sounding too good.

Posted: Nov 30th 2010 3:26AM pcgneurotic said

With all the love and goodwill APB has accrued, the inevitable backlash against its resurrection as an F2P game will be... inevitable. Classic American 'love-the-underdog-then-kick-him-when-he's-flying-high' scenario. Awesome.

Posted: Nov 30th 2010 4:45AM bobfish said

Not sure what makes them think that they can get away with charging a subscription fee when RTW couldn't.

Premium better be like $5 a month or something, cause it isn't worth a full subscription fee.

Posted: Nov 30th 2010 5:37AM Snichy said

I played APB and am looking forward to seeing how they rework it. However I am not holding out much hope as I just cant see how they can use microtransactions and keep the game balanced, not to mention the "leasing" of guns. It would seem that the more you spend in cold hard cash, the better you will be and that wont go down well with the MMO community. Hope they can find the right balance though as I enjoyed playing it despite its flaws.

Posted: Nov 30th 2010 2:04PM vaajtswv said

I hope they remodel the female faces. They all look like Katherine Hepburn... in her 80's.

Posted: Nov 30th 2010 5:04PM angrymatt said

Yes. Absolutely. I've been heartbroken since the servers went quiet.

Posted: Nov 30th 2010 6:58PM badpenny said

I don't mind spending a little money to get what I want from APB. I just hope that it does well enough so I can play for longer than 3 months...

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014