Posted: Nov 26th 2010 7:43PM TheGreatMachine said

The removal of the sector 1 AP grind is enough for me to check things out when it happens. It's why I left the game when I did and it's why I could never get back into it when I returned. So welcome back to my radar, at least, FE.

Posted: Nov 27th 2010 11:22AM MMOaddict said

@TheGreatMachine

This is news to me. When did they mention anything like this? It actually is one of the reasons I stopped playing. While I liked the game it ended up holding me in Sector 1 for far too long just to get APs and it made rolling any alts a major pain as you literally have to do every quest again on every character you make.

Also, combat, for now, feels very one dimensional. This game needs a new combat team altogether. Other than that, the gritty world and awesome stories in each quest hub should be the game's staple and should be expounded upon. They've got some good writers over there.

Posted: Nov 26th 2010 11:35PM alucard3000 said

Lol what a joke $30 to buy a character slot in a subscription based game that limited you to 4 at the start and the "it's cheaper than paying for a 2nd account" is a lame exscuse to justify it.I found it fine in GW because they didnt charge you $15 a month to play but $30 for slots that in my mind you should have had to start with from the beginning is just laughable.AoC only let you have 8 at the start and then later opened more and charged $10 dollars a slot.

Posted: Nov 27th 2010 4:25AM Zeaan said

@alucard3000 You only need to get a slot if you want one, or are desparate for another character. people who are fine with the four slots dont have to worry. its hardly game changing.

Posted: Nov 27th 2010 4:50AM alucard3000 said

@Zeaan yea its the same with the games I mentioned but if you do want that extra character you can get it for $20 less(with one game having no sub fee and the other 8 with no "extra" cost).Greed is greed whether you are a big company or an indy one.My point remains the same.

Posted: Nov 27th 2010 4:56AM alucard3000 said

@alucard3000 new website design and still no editting features, anyways the "other 8 with no extra cost" was supposed to be the other game starts you with 8.

Posted: Nov 27th 2010 12:57AM Russell Clarke said

I quake in anticipation.

So when will Icarus actually convert their bold claims into tangible changes?

Same old story - they say all this wonderful stuff, the community has multiple orgasms over them, Icarus doesn't deliver in the timescales that the community thought they would, and all of a sudden, the community gets the arse. Again.