Posted: Nov 25th 2010 11:05AM Solp said

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 11:50AM Khaiser Soze said

@Solp

Its trolling comments like this that will destroy your internet cred. Read the patch notes. There actually is more of the current mobs being placed in game, almost 50% more.

Learn to troll before you just look like an idiot.

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 11:58AM Solp said

@Khaiser Soze

Unfortunately, I have. 50% isn't nearly enough. I wanted to enjoy this game, but the world is devoid of mobs, a 300% increase would be far more logical.

Internet cred? What are you, 12?

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 12:30PM Betel said

@Solp

So they are doing both, yet you still complain? And had you read the notes, you would know fixes are coming and why this news has no real info.

But then again, you don't need to know anything to troll properly. Mission accomplished.

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 12:42PM Solp said

• 1 heart
@Betel Nice to see you're back to fanboying, Niko.

Fanboys trolling a troll who's not trolling. What a tongue twister. Enjoy failing!

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 12:51PM Betel said

@Solp

Then I have no idea what you were thinking while writing that. If you really knew about the updates, what you said makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

"They should be adding MORE current mobs (which they are) and there is no mention about FIXES (because it's all in the lodestone)".

I'm sure there will be Real things to bitch about in the actual update, so you'd better save your ammunition there.

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 11:20AM Irem said

The female retainer outfit is cute, but dear sweet god, what did that male Elezen ever do to SE to deserve being dressed in that monstrosity?

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 11:22AM Betel said

"No real info whatsoever. The game needs fixes, not new mob. In fact, there should just be MORE of the current mobs before putting new ones in. Everything is far too sparse. "

There is no real info.. because it's all on the official website already.

And not just the various fixes, but also the addition of MORE current mobs.

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 12:21PM Mevan said

Goblins?! YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 12:30PM Irem said

I know!! I was so happy to see them. I was afraid the current kobold model was XIV's version of goblins, sans googly goggle eyes and big-snoot masks.

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 1:00PM JohnD212 said

Yawn..the only reason this game is still on my computer is the free months they keep giving. When that ends I will re-evaluate the game and most likely remove it. Sadly it just hasn't lived up to the hype or my hopeful expectations.

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 5:56PM Laren said

This feels a lot like "too little, too late". These changes needed to be done while still behind the shroud of 'beta'. I have no idea what these guys can do to rekindle the excitement they had. But this really isn't it.

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 7:30PM Ekphrasis said

@Laren

I don't think they can do anything to get the initial buzz about this game back - what's done is done and they blew that opportunity. First impressions in FFXIV left so many people disillusioned with SE's ability to successfully deliver a quality game and I'm concerned that the upcoming changes will be not enough to turn this a product that I want to invest time and money into.

That said, the improvements themselves are actually quite encouraging... I am very keen to jump back in and see for myself today. We all know how lacking FFXIV was at launch, and SE clearly recognises that - I think our focus as players should now be firmly fixed ahead on what they're doing to turn the game around and decide if we see value in what they're offering us.

Will it be enough? If this version update is implemented smoothly and SE can maintain the efficiency with which they are addressing key pain points then they're at least proving that they can back up their promises and move in the right direction.

As an aside; I still think direct interaction with SE would be beneficial. I find it somewhat amusing that they have "Ask the Devs" posts on the Lodestone when we can't actually ask them questions or get them to clarify anything.

Eg: "The influence of the VIT attribute on HP and the MND attribute on MP has been adjusted." Adjusted up or down? How much?

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 7:17PM Nenene said

Call me when they have actual quests, content and a levelling system + UI that aren't terrible. This is nothing but a band-aid to make them look like they're doing something when it's the entire game that needs an overhaul-- not just more mobs.

Come on, SE. The first step is admitting you have a problem. This game needs to go back to beta posthaste.

Posted: Nov 26th 2010 2:38PM dudemanjac said

@Nenene Typically, games don't go back to beta...

They admitted they dropped the ball a long time ago. Even if they hadn't said the words, giving away so far two free months of service is an admission on it's own.

The leveling system is there. You seem to not like it, but it is one of the best parts of the game.

The UI lag is gone, fixed in the most recent patch. It was also streamlined.

Can't argue with you about the leves. All I know is that they added more of them and made it easier to get around.

Posted: Nov 25th 2010 7:31PM cic said

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me if they fixed the downloader/patcher?

Posted: Nov 26th 2010 2:34PM dudemanjac said

@cic I never had a big problem with it, but the patch seemed to download pretty fast for me today.