Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 12:30PM Minofan said

I'm a big fan of the new quests - and also got that GW2 vibe off of them - but I did feel that Miku's AI detracted.

Partly the use of her elite Mark on silly targets (made worse by expendable animal companions charging/teleporting ahead of actual targets), but mainly her habit of staying well behind Keiran and reluctance to engage groups of all-ranged foes.

Obviously I adapted to that overtime (e.g. running forward then retreating to maneuver her closer), but going through those motions repeatedly did kind of suck the immersion out of the experience.

Overall very happy though, and looking forward to the 2nd part - I imagine that'll be rather more traditional in questage.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 12:37PM Arkanaloth said

I honestly love the solo nature of Keiran's quests.. *THAT* is how you do solo content MMO world... sit up and take notice.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 1:05PM GumbyJD said

Can't say that I like the Hearts of he North storyline, but it *is* good to see new content being added, even if it's not to my taste and far buggier than we're used to (speaking of the War in Kryta for that last bit, too :).

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 1:15PM Irem said

"When we found Keiran at the end of Reunion, he went charging past our entire group and told a nearby snow wolf that he had some important things to say."

I'm not sure why, but this totally made my day.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 1:42PM (Unverified) said

In fairness, a good number of these issues were fixed within a day of the content going live. Yes, it's unfortunate that problems existed, but I think I'd be more offended if we just left them instead of addressing them as soon as possible.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 2:18PM Tanek said

That is one of the benefits of my sloooow pace through content...by the time I get there you folks have worked out any bugs (and, in the case of WiK, even added a quest to help out just as I started it ;) ).

Thanks to the team for all the hard work and fast fixes!

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 1:59PM Solp said

Let's just hope that lack of polish was down to all the hard work on GW2, eh?

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 2:44PM Mikx said

Haven't tried it out yet, but it sounds cool. The first thing I did when I logged in was look for Keiran outside EotN, since I haven't completed his scavenger hunt yet. Needless to say, he was gone. Probably mucking it up somewhere, getting lost, and fighting with some assassin when he should be telling me to pick up some votive candles. Curse my tardiness.

Anyway, does anyone know if that will return once I complete the Hearts of the North storyline?

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 2:56PM (Unverified) said

Keiran's Scavenger Hunt is part of the War In Kryta requirement, which is a requirement for Hearts of the North. So... as far as I'm aware, you shouldn't be able to do HotN until you finish the scavenger hunt.

On topic: I loved the four solo missions, but I just hope that the last quest of this event isn't a letdown. I saw a lot of complaints in my alliance about the missions being tough but then the fifth quest being a "jog through level 14 minotaurs". Hopefully, the final one will be a fair bit more challenging and make us really earn that new hero.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 7:31PM Mikx said

Well the problem I have is I completed War In Kryta without doing the scavenger hunt. When I go to the hall of monuments I get this speech saying he's missing, but until the update, he was always outside eotn waiting for his stuff.

The wiki says they fixed this "bug" where he's outside eotn with Hearts of the North, but for now I'm also locked out of the scavenger hunt. Oh well.

Posted: Nov 23rd 2010 12:16AM arnavdesai said

@(Unverified)
Actually not true at least in my case. I never did the scavenger hunt and the War in Kryta storyline progressed perfectly fine and I was able to complete it and the latest content today.

With regards to the content however, frankly speaking while the synergy between skills was excellent the AI of Matu was horrendous and even though I was fighting she would not start until the characters aggroed her as well which was very frustrating for me as I generally took higher ground to get further reach and also do more damage to enemies.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 4:09PM (Unverified) said

Rubi.. The snow wolf comment made me burst out in laughter. Thank you! :) Still looking for Gwen's secret weapon hiding place

Posted: Nov 23rd 2010 8:34AM Philmosk said

Rubi, I don't resent having to finish War in Kryta to get to this content, what I resent is that I apparently can't finish War in Kryta without a PUG group.

Posted: Nov 23rd 2010 1:56PM CricketB said

I actually really enjoyed this content, from costumes to Kieran's missions. I'm mostly into Guild Wars for the exceptional storytelling and it makes me glad to see they're still as devoted as ever to create plots that have some meat to them as well as emotional impact.

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny