Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 9:32AM DeadlyAccurate said

Rats warp up to gates all the time in low sec, and they aren't that big of a threat. Just don't autopilot through an incursion system and you should be fine. I'd be really surprised if the Sansha rats will be jumping through gates to follow after you.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 2:30PM Dblade said

The problem is jumping in, not jumping out. I think people forget that in hi-sec, industrials and mining barges also use the system, and those have very poor speed, defensive capabilities, and align times for the majority of them. Rats on the inbound might be more of a problem then. In lowsec, you only get combat ships hitting through the gate.

But your average indy or retreiver can barely take a group of frig rats in a 0.6 system belt, let alone enhanced ones. Plus, if sleeper A.I. means using warp scramblers, you have more problems.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 5:17PM WolvenSpectre said

Exactly... If they are doing PVP like tactics like CCP Claims then they could bubble gates or be really mean and put Warp Disrupting ships or deployables 15+ Km out from the gates in the way of the most common warp routes and there you are floating in space being pounded on like a 3 penny nail unable to warp out right away.

This is far more than Incursion was originally described to be.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 6:10PM Brendan Drain said

It's very unlikely that the NPCs at gates will pose a serious risk to players unless they're AFK and the incursion zone is their destination system. This does happen in trade hubs, so I'd imagine there will be warnings preventing autopiloting through the area. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Posted: Nov 23rd 2010 9:20AM smg77 said

@Dblade

Then people flying industrials or mining barges will have to fit some tank and/or warp core stabilizers.

Like with anything else in this game...the players that adapt to the changes will make more isk than those who don't.

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 5:36PM spamero said

I don't believe there will be a ninja sansha system occupation... you probably will have to confirm jumping into such system.. similar like you need to confirm if you wanna jump into nullsec... but that's just my guess.

However fighting with nerfed ships sux...I think they should actually buff the damage and stats... mathematically it probably would end up the same but you'd get a feeling you rock!

Isn't that why we play those games anyways?

/ducks

Posted: Nov 22nd 2010 11:29PM WolvenSpectre said

@(Unverified)

They have already said that Sansha's Nation will be taking over the system, and the problem isn't "oh that system over there is having an incursion" its "The system we are in is having an incursion and now I am stuck here"

Check out the Developers Blog about it that I mentioned in the post that apparently got voted down for backing what I had to say with facts and admitting when I was wrong: http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=819

What do you know... It got voted back up in the time it took me to look the link up!