Posted: Nov 19th 2010 9:00PM Furdinand said

"Apparently theres a fine line between doing a feature and outright blatant advertising for the game! - Eh Massively?"

Yep, it'd be a really tragedy if Massively sullied the reputation for steely eyed objectivity that video game journalism has built up over the decades.

Posted: Nov 19th 2010 9:11PM dudemanjac said

^ +1 ^

Posted: Nov 19th 2010 9:50PM (Unverified) said

Im in the beta (preorder), and i have to say, the UI is not very good, character creation is terrible (compared to CoX or Champions), other than that, its pretty average.

Posted: Nov 19th 2010 10:31PM dudemanjac said

Only prob I have with UI is the power tray. Here's hoping we can convince them to change that. Initial character creation not as extensive as the other two, but unlike the other two the stuff you pick up as drops you can put on and it will actually have an immediate change on your character. On top of that you can choose to show or not show the new gear.

Posted: Nov 20th 2010 2:19AM DiscordSK said

Without going into details, not sure how much is known or previously stated, I can agree with the original comment to a degree. The character creator is absolutely abysmal, if you've played CO or CoX and enjoyed making a unique looking avatar you will be extremely let down by the options given here.

Apperently its an issue with the PS3, but there are exactly zero sliders for changing your appearence ingame.

Posted: Nov 20th 2010 12:28PM dudemanjac said

I would really love to go into more detail, but I'm only willing to bend NDA and not break it. The game is fun, but it still needs some polish. Costume stuff is the least of the problems as far as I'm concerned though.

Posted: Nov 20th 2010 4:09PM DiscordSK said

Same issue with the NDA. Personally though I consider it a much higher priority, the superhero MMO's of past have been overloaded with individual player creativity. My biggest enjoyment from CO and CoX always came from creating whatever, whoever I wanted. You literly could do anything.

Giant Robot. Check.
Huge Bulking Man or Female. Check.
Tiny Cyborg Chick. Check.

The list went on and on. Limited by only your imagination you had endless choices and it extended the enjoyment of the game long past the combat or leveling. You had countless sliders, tweaks, costume choices and a mix and max power selection that did its best not to limit you.

Posted: Nov 20th 2010 5:23AM Zuljundwumn said

"DC Universe Online continues to break the boundaries of what makes a great MMORPG."

Huh... These kind of comments before a game's release usually lead to disapointment... HUGE disapointment...

*Point his fingers at all the hypes surronding Champions Online before it was released*

Posted: Nov 20th 2010 4:11PM (Unverified) said

Having played CO, CoX and DCUO, I'd have to say that DCUO is such a far superior game when it comes to graphics and story. Although the character creator is lacking when compared to the other two, the rest makes up for it and you can always customize throughout the game with the numerous drops you find. The screenshots and videos don't do this game justice, get into the beta if you can and check it out for yourself.

Posted: Nov 20th 2010 9:16PM (Unverified) said

Being in the beta I have had some time to mess about and without going into too much detail, this is a game tailored to consoles. I even went as far as to plug in my controller to experience how it should be played. The game has quite a bit of issues but as a whole it is a pretty fun hack and slash style game. It seems to be an MMO that actually works for console players.

Posted: Nov 21st 2010 11:08AM Bhagpuss said

I'm saying nothing more than this: I've been reading DC Comics since 1964 and playing SoE MMOs since 1999 and I'm very happy indeed with what I've seen of DCUO so far.

Whether it'll have much appeal to people not already sold on either DC Comics, SoE MMOs or both, we'll have to wait and see.

Posted: Nov 23rd 2010 10:31AM Orekri said

They pretty much lost me when they said PS3 and PC users couldn't play together. As awesome as the game appears, the fact that I either have to get my wife a new computer, or buy a second PS3 to play on the same server as her leads me to just not want to give it a chance at all. Oh well, still holding out hope they may change that.

Swordsman launches today