Posted: Nov 18th 2010 3:37PM pcgneurotic said

Has Beau looked at this yet? I'm curious how much it's improved/evolved since launch. Is there a viable PvE game in there to balance the rest of it out? Or what?

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 3:42PM Beau Hindman said

I looked at Archlord a LOOOONG time ago -- might be worth a nother shot!

Beau

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 3:51PM Scuffles said

I remember playing Arclord back in the day before they apparently severed their contract with codemasters. As I recall it was a decent game tho I didn't get too far into it.

Definitely worth a second look.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 3:58PM pcgneurotic said

Dude, Dr. Turkey in the Archlord house! Can I get an amen? :D

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 4:07PM (Unverified) said

honestly i thought that this game had closed - knowledge fail!

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 4:35PM pcgneurotic said

Here's a fun thing: I'm downloading the 2 Gb client now via the official torrent. Using the map app in uTorrent, I see 80 other peeps around the world doing same, from Spain, the US, Colombia and Argentina to one person in Indonesia and a whole bunch in Western Europe. As my avatar would say, "Fascinating". :D

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 5:07PM KvanCetre said

I may be completely wrong, but I've never found a game that promotes itself using a scantily clad woman to actually be fun.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 5:07PM Qehb said

Now that outfit puts TERA to shame O.o

Posted: Nov 19th 2010 6:25AM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

Only if she bends over while she runs.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 5:07PM KvanCetre said

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 5:31PM (Unverified) said

As we've heard. Odd thing to base an opinion off of. How about scantily clad men?

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 8:03PM cic said

For me these scantly clad women ads also turn me off... Makes me think Evony/Scam/Asian grinder/Cashshoprape. If you can't get a little more creative with your marketing just makes me wonder how inspired your actual game is... no thanks, not interested.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 8:52PM MewmewGrrl said

I've found some of them to still be fun, but I roll my eyes and try them out *despite* the stupid half naked girls. I read the title about a new race, I think "It could be cool" - then I see the picture of the new race, and of course it's a girl with giant boobs in lingerie, and it's like *groan* give me a break...

Posted: Nov 19th 2010 4:58PM Daverator said

@ciq

I could understand how scantily clad makes you think of asian grinder, not really a bad thing I don't guess.

Unless you are talking about games, which are a horrible bore..

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 5:47PM Solp said

Nice picture. Maybe if I play the game I'll get to date a hot avatar!

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 7:16PM Higurashi said

I played Archlord back in the day for 35 levels after it went free to play, and it's actually a really good game IMO. Maybe not "subscription fee" good, but it makes an excellent F2P game. I highly recommend giving it a try.

It's funny that this post came up, I actually just realized a few days ago that Webzen had a Global service, and that they offered Archlord, so I downloaded the game once again. When I was creating my character, there was a question mark next to the available races and I was wondering what that was about. I guess this answers my question.

One more thing that I feel I should mention about Archlord. Back when I used to play it, Archlord had THE most fairly priced cash shop I have ever seen in an MMO. You could get 24 hour exp. boost for really cheap, and the great thing about the items, is that you could toggle them on and off. This way, time was only ticking away when you were grinding, and not when you were messing around in town. I hope they didn't mess with the cash shop prices.

Man this is so tempting.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 7:15PM Higurashi said

Man this is so tempting.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 8:59PM Killadelphia said

I've been wanting to give this one a real go for a while and I did have it installed for a bit but the lack of widescreen support just kills it.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 8:59PM Ocho said

Apparantly lingerie makes for good armor... who knew?

Posted: Nov 19th 2010 2:35PM (Unverified) said

Will it be a random give?
| 1 | 2 |

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM