Posted: Nov 17th 2010 4:20PM Zhaosen said

Why aren't interviewers asking questions about aimbot prevention? that was a HUGe problem during APB....now that the game will be F2P, i am assuming it will be an EVEN BIGGER problem...yet all these interviewers are not asking that question!

grumble*grumble*rabble*rabble

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 4:42PM Qehb said

You know the only answer we'll get is;

''We will be looking into the problem among others during the beta testing period''

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 4:47PM (Unverified) said

Id like to see how they intend to address LTL? It was almost as game breaking as the aimbots.

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 5:00PM (Unverified) said

The simple answer?

Remove it all together. Both sides should have the same weapons.

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 5:06PM (Unverified) said

LTL was adressed when they improved the effectiveness of the energizer mod. I agree that it was unfair sometimes. Especially when you got to higher levels. Having to mod for something that enforcers didn't kinda sucked, but it paid off when you ran into LTL user's who thought they had an "I win" button. But it wasn't game breaking, it just hurt your feelings if you're thin skinned
Aimbot's were also not as rampant as one might have thought. I started doing a lot of FRAPS'ing of players I suspected as habitual abusers. And I found most of the time they were just better players with more situatonal awareness. And a lot of the threat level players gravitated towards other high TL's making it seem even worse.
APB does have it's problems, but I found it to be real engaging once I played it for what it was. It's not a game that you can put in a box like "shooter" or "MMO".

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 6:50PM placebonation said

Hand to hand combat. Tackling. Wrestling down a suspect. Diving to safety. Strong anti cheat support. A premium pay system. More maps. More missions. Missions that matter and affect everyone. Fix the match making system or do away with it. Missions should be complex and not just got to A B C. I really dislike the "kill ten rats" scenario. Please cultivate this baby that you have purchased and make it what it was meant to be. Something that will always be installed on ones PC. More more more weapons. Not everything has to be a gun. More stream lined 'perk' system. Less grind more fun. Should be fun out of the box.

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 7:44PM CCon99 said

I'm surprised nobody from any of the interviews as of yet have asked if existing players will get access to their existing accounts/characters? I don't mind having to start over again level/xp wise, but I spent many many hours customizing my character and items like vehicles. If possible, I would like them back or be able to load them to a new character.

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 8:51PM (Unverified) said

That's a good question but seeing how it is a completely different company and technically a new game I highly doubt anything will happen along those lines.

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 9:38PM (Unverified) said

Logo already looks awful. Not looking forward to seeing how horribly they ruin APB's wonderful art direction.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 9:26AM (Unverified) said

To be fair, RTW made that logo, not GamersFirst - it's one of the more-recent 'old' APB logos. I guess they haven't been able to dig out all of the newer art assets in this early stage of the transition.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 12:15AM MasterYi said

Totally generic interview from the minecraft/gw player.

Q) If it's Free 2 play how will you stop hackers?

Q) Is there any toon data recovery for veteran players ?

Q) Do you plan on releasing the alternative rules districts planned by RTW?

Q) Are you satisfied with the state of driving and shooting from RTW's last patch or will there be further revisions?

Q) What are your plans for server locations/region locking? The old system sucked btw

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 10:56AM elaphros said

F2p games traditionally have invasive anti-hack background processes, some even get recognized at virii because of the way they operate.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 12:26AM Wolf Am I said

I believe they already adressed the accsess to previous accounts/characters in the interview they did with joystiq. I believe they said they maybe able to get some of the of it but it would require help from RTW employees(which they aren't opposed too).

I loved this game to death but it had crushing imbalance issues from LTL to character upgrades and weapon upgrades sometimes game not worth playing.

they say they want feedback on facebook, blog, and forums. link to their forums?

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 2:02AM Jeromai said

My burning question:
Will they remove "press F to ostensibly do everything, but in actual fact, bring up a progress bar and wait an eon for it to fill?"

:P

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 2:59AM claytondora said

I said during the (short) open beta that APB would become free to play in not-so-long. I didn't see the death of RTW as being the catalyst, but I'm happy to see the game adopting a business model appropriate to its style of play. I'll surely be returning on reloaded launches.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 6:15AM Pan1 said

Now if only they managed to sort out the latency issues APB would be a game.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 8:27AM lizardbones said

It doesn't make any sense to me that Enforcers would have a weapon that the criminals didn't have. Seems much more likely the criminals would have more weapons and weapons the Enforcers didn't have access to.

This game had more potential than most of the games being released simply because it could be anything it wanted and it could fit. Zombies in the sewers? Sure, you could do that. Aliens in back alleys selling drugs? Yeah, you could do that too. You couldn't drive a car around town to save your life, but you could shoehorn just about anything else in there you wanted.

Posted: Nov 20th 2010 1:49AM (Unverified) said