Posted: Nov 17th 2010 7:27PM Terical said

They are on the right track, especially when they implement it. I like how simple and easy the chat log colors and the many colors to choose from instead of a slider of Red, Blue and Green. The ability to mark and label like FFXI is back which is always a useful thing (props to them for having that). Thank goodness auto target/ attack is going to be implemented. The command using / are also always good to have.

One small thing they could at a later date, an is option to enable Directx 10 or 11 according to their recommended specifications it has GTX 460 and Directx 9.

Over all they just begun to improve the game (or at least just getting around to what should have been in had they taken the time). Trust that will still be hard to come by, but it can be gain over a period of time. For me I won't touch the game until it has aged and more things has been put in over time like MMOs do to keep the game going longer.

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 8:01PM Nenene said

Did they fix the horrible design decision that makes you open the menu to interact with objects like chairs, Aetherytes, etc?

Because if so, A+

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 8:11PM Eamil said

They're doing it with chests, it looks like. Hopefully they'll eventually expand that to other interactables.

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 8:26PM Nenene said

I hope so.

Although I wonder how many players they'll have left by the time they get this game to 2005 standards, let alone 2011 ones.

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 9:21PM Laren said

Any news on the billing system being fixed? In order of things I have to get through first to play this game, that is obviously number 1. If I can't pay locally (at least on the same continent) with one or two clicks, then I won't pay at all.

The UI improvements are a major complaint, but secondary in every aspect (they get in the way of 'fun', but there just wasn't that much 'fun' to be had). So it is a welcome fix, but just a baby step.

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 11:04PM alinos said

Paragraph 1: It's too hard to pay so i'm not playing it

Paragraph 2: it's not fun.

Are you playing it or not.

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 11:03PM alinos said

looks like there on the right track addresses some of the issues i had with the game + another 30 free days :D

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 1:51AM Betel said

"2005 standards"

2005 standards = 2011 standards. The genre hasn't moved anywhere.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 2:37AM hami83 said

Lol seriously. I mean this site itself had an article talking about how little experience people had with MMOs, but the article right after it had the same type of people claiming they are the voice of the masses and their knowledge is accurate regardless if they played the game or not.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 2:48AM Space Cobra said

Looks promising. It's been hard to push myself back in the game. I don't know if I even got my second free month activated because I received an e-mail that they were about to switch me over to paying.

I may have to give this a try after November 25...

But don't forget, it's Thanksgiving in the states (although they don't celebrate the holiday in Japan).

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 4:43AM (Unverified) said

I don't celebrate it and I was born, raised, and have always lived in the U.S.

It's just another day, with the bonus of providing me a 4 day weekend because my boss and my fellow employees would rather gorge themselves on turkey then sleep all day the next day, rather than make money. So I'll have plenty of time all day on the 25th to check out the new patch.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 12:26PM cic said

I'm not sure if this was done yet, I hope it has. But are they going fix the how all the NPC and quest text ends up in the main chat window? Can you filter text now or make new channel tabs that are filtered to specific text? I see they are adding custom tabs for players so I hope this was already fixed. That was my major turn off in the alpha/beta. Wrestling with the chat scroll bar constantly trying to play catch up too.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 3:35PM (Unverified) said

You still cannot filter out half the junk and cannot make new chat tabs yet. Supposedly these things come in the new updates.

Posted: Nov 18th 2010 3:35PM (Unverified) said