Posted: Nov 16th 2010 9:40AM nomoredroids said

I find APB's ideas commendable. Glad to see it's getting rez'ed. Lets just hope their new publisher can fix some of the issues it had.

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 10:02AM (Unverified) said

Looking forward to seeing this game pop back up, it was a fun game to play with a small group of friends for micro sessions (2-3 hours).

Hopefully GamersFirst will drop PunkBuster since it was horrible with APB and opt for a suitable anti-cheat system for an MMO like GameGuard or the slightly more intrusive Warden.

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 9:59AM Trippin said

i never played APB but what will happen to the people who bought this game? will they get extra stuff or is it launched as a all new game?

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 10:26AM Zhaosen said

I'm happy for the ex-employees. They will get their pay atleast =D.

As for the game, i cannot wait for the release and at the same time i dread it.

I cannot wait because i miss the APB customization. Unfortunately i belive GamersGate will charge items for certain clothing/design privileges along with weapon access...

hmm, this is what i was posting on the APB forums a long time ago actually, i remember saying "want my money RTW? GET SOME VIRTUAL CLOTHES!" but then those would probably last forever, unlike this "rental" shenanigans.

Another fear of mine will be the amount of "hackers"...it was BAD when RTW was handling it....i can only imagine what GamersGate will do (hint: nothing, look at the amount of hackers at WarRock)

So theres that....shame really.

O well, as long as i can make designs and incorporate them in the game ill be a happy camper =D

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 10:28AM (Unverified) said

Was a very interesting game even with its flaws. Just needed some more TLC and time. Good move going F2P to get more people to try it out. Can't wait to see what the new publisher does with the game.

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 10:46AM Space Cobra said

Yeah, I am wondering not only how they will generate money (probably a cash shop, but what will be IN the cash shop?) but how will they implement anti-cheating and if it will be effective.

Also wondering about how they will add to this game and make it interesting over the expansions (long-term playability).

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 10:58AM Zhaosen said

I spend a little over 800 hours on 3 characters during my playtime on APB...that doesnt count the 200 or so hours i spent during EU CB playing it....so...i WILL play this to eternity...why? it's the semi-randomness of the pvp element =D

Unfortunately, if GamersGate does the whole "lets have players "RENT" items per month instead of keeping em forever" then i will not touch this game.

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 11:30AM Floodland said

This just keeps getting better. First it gets picked back up, then we're told it's going F2P, and the ex-RTW staff getting the money they're owed is just the icing on the cake. Gives me a bit more faith in the industry.

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 11:30AM Floodland said

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 11:30AM Controlled Chaos said

I have to admit that I'm not very hopeful about the whole anti-cheat aspect of things. As long as they're making money, I'd highly doubt they'd bother much with keeping the hackers and what not out of the game that actively. But, if they can manage that, then they'll be able to get something going pretty well.

Seriously though, they need to fix all the broken stuff and that's going to take a while. The game was a buggy mess right from the get go and with the company's collapse, they didn't fix much of anything. Are they going to spend time fixing it? I'm not sure they're going to bother much with it.

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 2:06PM (Unverified) said

Good for team RTW, I've got too many friends in the industry for the thought of them not getting paid to not get me pissed off.

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 2:14PM pcgneurotic said

I guess the actual RTW guys won't carry on working on the title though? I mean, G1 isn't taking any of them on to work on the new iteration, right?

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 2:44PM badpenny said

Looking forward to being able to play this again.

Why I Play: ArcheAge