Posted: Nov 16th 2010 7:03PM pcgneurotic said

The bonus here is being able to play it in countries where the original boxed copies never reached. Can't wait to try it!

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 7:59PM Phone Guy said

I am glad APB is making a return as a I really enjoyed the game. What does concern me however is the Cash Shop offering 3 slot weapons, cars, and level 3 upgrades for sale. These items or at least the weapons and personal upgrades made playing anyone higher level near impossible.

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 9:08PM PrimeSynergy said

Wasn't really a fan of this game when it actually cost money, but now, I might actually give it a shot depending on how and what the cash shop limits what I can have.

Posted: Nov 16th 2010 11:20PM Quarlo said

I miss this game. For all its faults (and there were many) when the game worked it was AMAZING FUN!

Three words of advice for you GamersFirst: Anti Hack Software!

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 7:12AM Hothnogg said

I only did beta of this game, was much fun apart from the odd bug where a low level get stuck v a bunch of 3 slotters guys and get owned :)
Didnt buy at release coz was busy on a different game.
Good to see it coming back as a FTP, will have it installed for the odd blast of fun when i get some spare time.

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 7:12AM Hothnogg said

Didnt buy at release coz was busy on a different game.

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 9:50AM (Unverified) said

I was very surprised APB failed to be honest despite all of the bugs. I just didn't agree with how the cars wouldn't get damaged when you shoot them like in GTA... Like if you shoot the hood it's going to most likely get screwed up or pop off. Also the driving was weird, but you got used to it after awhile. Other than that I didn't have any complaints, but note I didn't play it but for a month.

Glad to see these guys bought it though! Good luck!

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 9:24AM KDolo said

I am rather apprehensive at playing this now that it's FTP. If we're buying gear, the gear is supposed to be secondary to skill, so what's the point of buying gear? If we're buying cosmetics, I can see this being abused by devs in a game where look is almost as important to players as the gameplay.

Posted: Nov 17th 2010 10:09AM arathil said

I'm very interested in this now that it's going FTP. I'll definitely give it a try.

Of course, it all hinges on the cash shop. Are they going to bork us like Allods, or are they going to keep it primarily cosmetic upgrades? I really hope it's the latter. I'd be much more willing to spend some $ on an upgrade I think is cool-looking than I would to continue playing when I feel "forced" to buy an upgrade to my toon just to compete.

Here's to hoping that this is the beginning of a solid comeback.

StarCraft II: An MMO player's perspective