Posted: Nov 14th 2010 1:22PM Higurashi said

Not surprising. I tried to play Warrior Epic and it was really awful. Bad graphics, poor camera, and almost zero customization. Everyone in the starter area looked identical (if they were the same class)

Bright Shadow also closed down recently. Link: http://www.gamepotusa.com/news_article.aspx?key=341

I never played Bright Shadow, but I thought it looked kind of interesting. From what I heard, the developers made some really bad changes to the game and it killed the player base. Basically increasing the required exp to level by five times. Instead of needing a million exp to level, you now needed 5 million. That and they put all of the mounts in the cash shop and stripped everyone of them, if I'm not mistaken.

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 2:52PM Faction 3 said

• 1 heart
Sounds alot like Allods Online...

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 1:25PM Qehb said

Never even heard of this game before...

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 1:34PM (Unverified) said

Same here, which I guess says something.

Posted: Nov 15th 2010 11:35AM Carolina said

Warrior Epic was a fun hack and slash game, but not a fun MMO, imo. Missions and the little story were interesting enough to play it once, but not many times to gather items, spirits and xp.

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 2:43PM BaronYiffington said

That's a shame. Some time ago, roughly a year, a few of my friends from WoW along with myself tried out this game for a bit in between PvP seasons. We enjoyed it, it was a fairly fun game and I'm actually kind of sad to see it go.

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 2:52PM BubleFett said

I remember playing beta it didn't really catch my interest.
sorry to read the closing was so abrupt.
Well maybe next time

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 3:41PM Ryukan said

I find it strangely humorous that they offer "loyalty" or consolation packages that amount to free stuff if you go to one of their other games. I think I would avoid their other games if the one I was playing shuts down. I couldn't really trust them to keep the other games running either.

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 6:24PM (Unverified) said

You just described one of the very reasons they'd offer such a package -- since some players would be inclined to avoid other titles by this company they give you some bonuses to try them.

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 4:00PM Fakeassname said

I demand more investigation!

Ijji is the one in trouble! they have also offloaded S.U.N. back to Webzen, Huxley has been confirmed as "returned to sender" so look for that one to pop up on Webzen too.

Ijji operates conjoined communities with other mmo publishers, most of the games listed on their portal don't belong to them. recent activities look like Ijji is being throttled way back and are shedding these conjoined titles left and right.

Warrior Epic could be headed towards a shutdown, I too tried it and just couldn't get attached to it and don't play it, so I don't know for sure how the game is doing. however this news only tells me that Ijji has dropped another title that wasn't theirs in the first place.

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 4:03PM Minofan said

It wasn't a game I enjoyed playing myself, but I hope no-one is out of work over this.

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 4:13PM MewmewGrrl said

I don't get it, is Warrior Epic closing down, or is just the ijji service portal of it going away? The title says it's closing, but the article looks like only ijji is stopping their service and the main Warrior Epic is still here?

Not that I'd care a lot. When playing it the game had potential, but too much done wrong. So much in fact that I just kept hoping it would change a lot and I had no interest in playing it until it did (which it didn't that much, at least in the areas I thought would make it interesting). I don't mind a little dumbing down of MMOs - that is when I have an inventory full of 200 different items all useful in different ways, but this one was way too dumbed down and simplified for me.

Here's hoping not too much of this game is imported into Faxion.

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 5:28PM (Unverified) said

To bad, the game was actually pretty good.

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 6:14PM (Unverified) said

I used to be a moderator for this game. Sad to see it closing.

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 9:46PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
What? How is this possible? I thought F2P was the unstoppable wave of the future for all MMO's?

Posted: Nov 14th 2010 10:18PM DancingCow said

OMG it's a free-to-play game and they're shutting down.

The sky is like totally falling on the free-to-play model.

The end is night! Woe unto the non-subscribers!

Muhahahahahaha :P

Posted: Nov 15th 2010 3:07AM Sleaker said

I'm not overly surprised. The devs at UTV had been really pushed on Mytheon (I recall some bickering between them and their publisher over funding or something) and honestly after playing through some of their games I wasn't a big fan of the content. Wouldn't surprise me if UTV wasn't doing so great.

Posted: Nov 15th 2010 10:19AM Gunjin said

Wasn't this game developed by Possibility Space (a Chinese/US company)? True Games (owned by Indian media company UTV) were one of the global publishers of it along with Ijji (North American rights). Dont think True Games do any development themselves..

Posted: Nov 15th 2010 7:53AM jmerriex said

I cannot believe that Massively missed, probably THE best headline ever.

"Warrior Epic Fail"

*sigh*

Posted: Nov 15th 2010 9:40AM arathil said

Seriously- change the article title STAT!