Posted: Nov 10th 2010 12:15PM Ayenn said

No matter. Even if CME some how managed to get this project going again they would have to take it back to code. If it were launched 3 or 4 years ago, no problem. It would now be an older game. Using that same code, using that world engine, using that graphics engine would just not be acceptable. It would be extremely unattractive to a majority of potentual players.

It is so very sad this had to work out in this way. SGW was a brilliant concept. It is too bad CME/FES management had no fucking clue what they were doing.

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 12:21PM (Unverified) said

When the server was up and running I spent quite a bit of time testing it, and I have to say it is by far the worst MMO I've ever had the mispleasure of testing in the last ten years.

I sorely hope that MGM don't give them back the license, I'd rather have no Stargate game than a bad Stargate game.

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 12:49PM supremeaaron said

I think someone needs to do some research.

The legal battle is still on going.

CME is not under chapter 11.

Gary Whiting in not the founder of CME.

The judge didn't get DCG to hand over the assets, It was an agreement settled out of trial.

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 2:56PM Sean D said

I would make this suggestion to Jayson Peters, the author of the original article, and not Jef, but I'm not sure it would do much good. It seems that most of the information in the original articles was obtained from Gary Whiting who, if you can trust the internet, is a source of questionable credibility (I can't say for sure - never met the guy), and an anonymous other poster.

As an aside, if you know more, which you seem to, you should give yourself some credibility by explaining your situation as it relates to this particular case or at least point to your sources. I'm not really interested in this story, but I'm tired of prideful anonymous posters and random unsupported claims.

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 3:17PM supremeaaron said

No problem Sean.

On chapter 11 removal I have http://www.sggaminginfo.com/2010/02/chapter-11-removed-from-cme/ from my own site.

On the founders we have this from Jim Brown via Khatie's gateworld account (noe ex community manager of SGW) http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?25988-Ask-Cheyenne-Mountain!-(MMORPG)&p=5115161&viewfull=1#post5115161

And about the judge not ordering the hand over we have http://courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Civil/112010/m4462995.pdf
answer is at the end which states "CME/CMG Pursuant to Settlement Agreement is GRANTED as to (1) returning
assets to newly appointed receiver."

Kathryn Dutchin of DCG cleared this up with on the SGR forums by saying this:
"Definition of Settlement: The act of adjusting or determining the dealings or disputes between persons without pursuing the matter through a trial."
I believe I ran out of links so can't link it.

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 1:27AM Sean D said

This is fantastic. Many people probably won't read these, but I will. Thanks much.

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 4:34AM supremeaaron said

I know Sean.

The problem is the news is there but no one wants to do research to get facts right (this is what I try to do with my site sggi but you can never be 100%). The writer of this article (I don't mean to be rude) should have done research, I know the stuff I mentioned are from smaller unknown places but thats how you get the good stuff :).

Also I'm glad you will read it.

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 1:18PM Pewpdaddy said

I really hope they can put a qualified team on this IP. Man there is so much they could do within the Stargate World(s). Assholes for hosing it up. ^-^

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 2:25PM BubleFett said

This game is so over. Give the license to Cryptic lol

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 3:16PM Nintendesert said

Stargate would be an excellent venue for an MMO, however CME was a sham right from the get go.

They need to license the IP to a reputable developer and start from scratch.

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 3:56PM Lateris said

Sadly I think the owners of the Star Gate license have no clue on game studios. Someone really needs to lend some responsible guidance to them.

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 4:35PM Hummuluis said

I believe it was the studio who brought the idea up to MGM, etc, and was able to convince them to give the license to begin work. I'm sure it would be completely different if MGM actually desired to convert the series into an MMO originally. They would have hopefully put more time in actually choosing the right studio that could put out a product that is the quality of the Star Gate series.

It's unfortunate to see that the MMO won't be coming out or is no longer in development, but I do agree with bobfish - it was horrible and would have failed if released with today's expectations of an MMO.

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 5:15PM (Unverified) said

Well MGM themselves just went bankrupt, so I wouldn't be surprised if they off loaded the license to another company now, one that might know what to do with it.

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 7:23PM Liltawen said

As screwed up as MGM is these days I'm surprised there are enough people there to even end a license let alone find someone new.