Posted: Nov 11th 2010 1:36AM CCon99 said

LOL, so much interest for this topic...

...And in other news today, a tree fell in the woods. =P

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 8:21AM Psychotic Storm said

Well they look ok, I suppose they might allow players lost into the customisation of their characters to get a viable build and as they say those builds are still in tweaking so probably they will have some changes.

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 7:47AM CitizenH said

Some of these build are just terrible for the role they're supposed to help players fulfill. A tanking set up without a self heal, Retaliation for block and Aggressor? And Hurl? Seriously? They're really going to force HURL on players?

It seems to me instead of providing Silver players with solid builds/Archetypes to learn the ropes they've gimped thoese players in order to blackmail them into becoming Gold subscribers. I don't think it's going to work.

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 8:07AM Faryon said

At first glance the DPS speccs seems OK at least.. Maybe they are going for the "If you want to be any good at any other role than DPS you need to pay" approach.

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 8:05AM KvanCetre said

No legitimate power armor build, it seems. Sure, you could do the soldier in armor, but its not nearly as cool as firing a minigun off your shoulder and lasers out of your hand at the same time.

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 11:46AM (Unverified) said

For a game that rises and falls on the idea of customization I think this archetype business is a terrible idea.

Firstly, and most personally, I can't play my Darkness/Radiant Sorcery Framework, or even simply Darkness if I wanted without paying.

Secondly while the Archetypes idea is great for giving incoming players a path to progress down without having to do a bunch of trial and error and research, what they have chosen is extremely limiting. Why not just expand the current frameworks so that people can choose from any of those? I would probably be reasonably happy with going straight Darkness.

I really love the idea of Champions Online, I played a toon all the way to 40, did some endgame stuff (spent real money on a respec), but there are just some design decisions that make it hard to love the game unless you're really into RP (imo).

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 9:47AM J Brad Hicks said

No pet-using archetype either, I see, which would have made more sense for the generic-magic hero than mystic blasts.

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 12:53PM Prisemy said

I didn't see any travel powers.

Are they given out a different way now or are we going to have to pay I wonder?

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 4:06PM dudemanjac said

How long did you play?

Posted: Nov 12th 2010 3:55PM Faction 3 said

With DCUO coming out at (most likely) the same time as this goes F2P, I'll pass on this. I'll pay the 15$ incentive to have a fully customizable character AND the opportunity to chase down the Scarecrow, Riddler, and the Joker with the likes of Batman & Superman.

I'll be forced to play gimped, then come "End-Game", never get a chance or a group for anything because the Devs screwed me over with lame-ass builds and whack abilities. I understand that being F2P will have some restrictions, but c'mon...with a game of this breed, you can't pigeonhole players into a single selection.

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 9:43PM Prisemy said

The free month.

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 10:36PM dudemanjac said

But what lvl did you get to. If I remember correctly you get you first travel power around 6 or 8. Maybe not even that late.