Posted: Nov 10th 2010 9:01AM Larry Everett said

I talked to Samm from TOROcast about the speed of combat to see if he felt the same way. He said that there are some classes who seemed slower than others, but he believes that is one of the aspects of the game they are trying to balance. He seemed fairly confident that we will be seeing an improvement in the animation speed as the game gets closer to launch. I agree, but it doesn't hurt to make mention of this to the developers.

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 9:25AM Valdamar said

Well that is good news. And yeah once SWTOR has a new community manager I may have to go PM them about my feelings on this. Though really I'd hope the beta testers are doing their job and that enough of them feel the same way about the combat as me that they can tip the balance.

Do you know if any of the SWTOR Devs read Massively? I often wonder if comments we post here get seen by developers, because while Massively commenters can be fairly blunt about what we perceive is wrong in games, bluntness often proves to be the best feedback as it is usually direct and specific with no equivocation (from the commenter's perspective, anyway).

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 9:30AM Larry Everett said

"Do you know if any of the SWTOR Devs read Massively?"

I fairly certain they do. However, direct feedback is probably best. I'll be sure to ask the new community manager what the best way to communicate ideas is. :-D

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 3:27PM (Unverified) said

Interesting column. Of the three topics you mention, the playable species is the one that I have the most problem with, mainly because Daniel Erickson's argument that players just can't handle it, was very weak, I thought. And that's the key: if the devs give me a reason that makes sense to me, I am satisfied. Tell me that designing animations for the weirder-looking species was outside the scope of their budget and time constraints, and that is logical to me. Tell me that I am not capable of putting aside my natural prejudices to play something weird-looking and that just irritates me.

On the larger issue of should fans complain/demand/suggest, I'd have to say on the whole it is useful as long as the devs can take the big picture view and realize the vocal minority isn't always right.