Posted: Nov 9th 2010 7:06PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
I laughed when I read "I have every reason to believe that someday we'll be able to support flights like the one on October 30th with grace. That we got so many into the system without node death is a good milestone for us in the lag fighting force, but it's a relief more than a cause to celebrate" in the devblog. This so called someday has been hanging as a carrot in front of us for several years. I still remember the article where they talked about how they all upgraded to the newest Blade servers and how the Lag issue was top priority.... Whether they like it or not they will have to overhaul the server architecture sooner or later (Preferably sooner..lol). After being in several large alliances I have never ever ever seen anyone use the fleet notification tool, I may be wrong but I would find it hilarious to know that a fighting force of 1500+ pilots plans on locking down one of my systems.

Posted: Nov 9th 2010 7:22PM GaaaaaH said

...Except that history has shown that they have increased the supportable number of pilots in a system continuously is there is no reason not to expect the same for this number.

How do you see someone using a webpage ingame?

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 4:42AM eNTi said

eve - as much as i loath it myself - seems to be the only game out there, that seems to deserve the first m in mmo out there. even if it took really only 1500 players before the servers started acting up... have you tried warhammer online? i mean 200 ppl and you can't do anything remotely game related any more. i'm guessing they will probably find a way to improve the situation even more in eve, while the competition will keep on looking bleak in comparison.

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 10:24AM Lateris said

Fact- CCP is always improving the server cluster and upgrades the servers every year.

Posted: Nov 10th 2010 4:52PM spamero said

What amaze me about CCP is that relatively to its size they put lots of money in R&D. Just look at the Dust.. you gotta have balls to try something that innovative if you are not Blizzard with (almost) endless flow of money.

Posted: Nov 11th 2010 9:37AM (Unverified) said

True, but lets hope thay will develop always like this.