Posted: Nov 7th 2010 10:36AM (Unverified) said

This screenshot made me flinch.

Posted: Nov 7th 2010 11:49AM Kris015 said

Yay! Another JMMORPG that looks like all other JMMORPGs out there.. I can't wait../sarcasm

Posted: Nov 7th 2010 12:27PM Beau Hindman said

I'm a little confused by comments that compare the look of the game to others. Yes, there are similarities, but differences as well.

If you compared LoTRO, EQ2 and other games, there would be more similarities than differences. Especially when you get into combat or other areas. The point is, most of the games are set in similar styles or genres....it's the differences we are supposed to pay attention to. They all have trees, water, swords, monsters, quests, etc.

Beau

Posted: Nov 7th 2010 1:32PM Solp said

I think Kris is referring to the fact that they all feel and play the same. Generic, painful grinders with little to no difference between game A/B/C.

As with all of these eastern games, I log in and immediately I'm hit by how different and disappointing the game looks/feels compared to the trailers/screenshots.

IRIS will disappear along with the rest when the next "good" F2P eastern grinder is released, and then again with the next. Of course, this happens with western P2P games, but not nearly with as much frequency... or inevitability.

Posted: Nov 7th 2010 3:00PM Pingles said

So you believe there will NEVER be a good one? Nobody is gonna bring something different and fun to the table?

I'd recommend not dismissing a game because of its origins. I think you'd be surprised at how clever, fun and original some of them end up being.

I have played many Betas and cringed through 20 levels of painfully boring grinding before quitting. But Ive also enjoyed several of them enough to throw them a few bucks in their cash shop so they continue to fine tune the games through Beta.

Posted: Nov 8th 2010 4:06PM Kris015 said

I've played A LOT of JRPGs (I love Final Fantasy and MMOs) but the thing is I always, like Hammer, end up dissapointed by these eastern MMOs so I've stopped playing them. Now i don't mind grind as long as it's an option or kept at a level were it is not too extreme and not the only way to level and this is where a lot of them fail.

And no, I'm not saying there'll never be a good one, but as long as they don't evolve, there will definetly not be.

Posted: Nov 7th 2010 12:00PM Pingles said

They're making some effort to make things a little different. The game has a unique look and some interesting twists. Don't discount it just yet.