Posted: Nov 6th 2010 8:34AM Channel84 said

• Half a heart
I don't think mesmer or any class in guild war will feel "carried" or a burden to a team.
-u hav a secondary class !!!!!
-u can change ur skill set to suit ur party need
-u can change ur stat to suit ur need

imo class like warrior will feel more carried cos they can't use max dmg weapon and their dmg is pityful compare to ele or even mesmer

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 12:03PM Darkdust said

What language is that? Google Translate can't even make sense of it.

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 8:55AM Bartlebe said

I'm playing Darkfall right now. Just started after a long, long break since launch.

My character is really fresh so i'm totally being carried. The great guys in my clan constantly baby sit me to make sure I don't die. I feel like a baby they're escorting around the land. If there is every anything to tough for baby to handle, they step in and 3 shot it. I can't really do much in PvP so I usually stand in the back and heal

I'm totally superfluous.

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 10:40AM GumbyJD said

I almost always feel superfluous in any MMO I play. That's mostly because I'm a low-skill player with bad battlefield awareness and slow relfexes rather than my choice of profession or skill sets.

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 1:32PM VioletArrows said

Same here. Most of the time it makes me wonder why I bother with video games at all.

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 3:56PM Sean D said

Same here as well, but it's partly my own fault. Where many players today aim to min/max their characters (I think this is especially true with PvP'ers), I find myself more drawn to the odd race/class combinations (I like to find ways to make them effective) and I regularly vendor items that would be statistically better for my characters simply because I want the game to be challenging or because I prefer to use what I can craft. Unfortunately, that kind of behavior usually leaves me excluded from or carried when I'm in groups in games like WoW or PvP-centric games where every point in every stat is scrutinized.

Sounds like the mesmer would be my choice of class in GW :).

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 10:42AM WriterGuy said

Daily quest runs, or anytime the group has a long set memorized script of exact moves and actions through a familiar place.

No fun in being the pet part of someone else's pet class.

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 11:22AM Mikx said

The mesmer is utterly deceptive. The life drain illusion hexes are awesome when you're at a low level, but they don't scale as enemy health pools increase. You can slaughter people at lvl 5, but once you get to 10 it becomes a slog. And I don't even know what good these necromancer hexes that do 1-3 degen are supposed to be good for.

Its also easy to feel somewhat useless as a mesmer at a high level too, depending on the skills you take. A lot of the signature skills have longer cooldowns, so its not quite as frantic as some classes.

Where did the picture come from? Its awesome.

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 6:41PM (Unverified) said

I play Mesmer at high level GW, it's all about being smart with your skills. I can take down whole lvl 28+ groups if they stay too close together in a fight. It's all about understanding your skills and exploiting the enemy.

I think people have such trouble with mesmers because they aren't like anything else in other MMOs, kinda like the GW protection monk. So many people don't seem to understand them.

On topic: Yeah I've felt like that on my Dervish. I came back after a 2 year break from GW and instantly put my hand up to tank Glint's Challenge. I was obliterated. I died so many times I hot the -60dp cap. Then the rest of the team just did it all without me. I was basically running around on 40% max hp doing next to nothing for 30 mins. They were very nice about it though, I still haven't figured out why my old Dervish stuff doesn't work any more... :/

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 11:33AM timthel0rd said

Playing a tank in pre level 50 in WoW.

Anyone with plate, or even mail can tank anything, with a good healer.

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 4:31PM Hurbster said

Hey, tanking from the back is fun !

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 11:33AM M1sterLee said

Playing a

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 11:34AM M1sterLee said

that should have read "... less than 80 WoW rogue in a sea of AoE spam."

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 11:45AM Damn Dirty Ape said

I've felt useless on certain CoH teams with my debuffer defender character. I've been on teams where everything is dead before I can even get off more than one debuff.

Of course the very same character can make the difference between 'total wipe' and 'easy victory' when it comes to really tough spawns or archvillains. It just depends on the team composition.

Oh and in vanilla wow I'd feel kind of useless with my druid when there was a holy priest in the group. Sure, I could use my feral forms, but in vanilla wow the feral forms were complete jokes. I'd just sort of tag along and jump in as the 'backup healer' if the crap hit the fan, but in a good group doing dungeons you've done dozens of times before with guildies there was rarely a problem.

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 11:57AM Pingles said

Bard in Dark age of Camelot. It was a powerful toon that was a big help to the group but just sitting there playing your ukelele while everyone else fights is so terribly boring. I FELT superfluous even if I wasn't.

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 12:24PM madcartoonist said

Having not played Guildwars in a number of years and coming back to, I feel like I am being carried because I don't have the missions memorized. It is ok when I play with the guild who tries to teach me what to look out for, but when I play with a random group everyone seems to just assume everyone knows everything to watch out for. So there has been a time or two were I have gone and done something stupid and messed up a bonus mission and then the group is annoyed. Most of the time they still don't even explain where I made the mistake and just type something like "wtf" in the chat and leave the game. In my defense no one has taken a leadership role in these groups either. Nobody makes those dings on the maps, draws arrows, or just walls to say "don't go there", and there hasn't been much of any messages in the chat. I'll follow directions but someone has to give me a clue on what to avoid or where to go. I have started just soloing most of the missions and then just grouping if I missed the bonus.

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 1:04PM Controlled Chaos said

I'm not sure how good of an example the early Mesmer is though. I've played through three of them now and, frankly, it's all just a matter of the type of skills one gets a hold of early. I've never felt like I was being carried at all when I played them.

Now, other games? End up with that feeling a lot. WoW is one, Runes of Magic was another...sometimes you start a character and don't realize that the slog is going to start forcing you into a lot of groups eventually with some of the classes. It gets a little annoying

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 1:51PM Taawa said

I feel utterly useless whenever I play my magus in Warhammer Online. It's been over two years since the game released, and Mythic's "buffs" only reverse recent blanket nerfs. I haven't the utility of a sorc, and do only 1/4 of the damage, with no burst capability.

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 1:53PM Regault said

Vanilla WoW hunter. They added a skill that was essentially a boss key just to force raids to take them along rather than fix hunter dps.

Posted: Nov 6th 2010 2:33PM Orvidos said

Wrath (WoW) Warrior tank. Ayup.

Anything you can do, pallys do better; Pallys do everything better than you.